• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Regular (monthly?) grooming - Recommendations

I am thinking of sending my new ride for a regular once a month grooming - wash & vacuum, leather, wax. Excluding polishing, detailing etc. A friend recommended Caltex station opposite Ikea Alexandra. 

Any more good lobang on west side of Singapore? 

Or is it a case of any petrol station also can do type of job?

For taxis can. For new cars, don't bother.

U can consider our site sponsors or try Revol (they've a branch in the west). Been patronizing them for many years.

Just polish once every quarter good enough. Other weekly maintenance such as clean/vacuum, just diy.

Thanks, will take a look at Revol

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of sending my new ride for a regular once a month grooming - wash & vacuum, leather, wax. Excluding polishing, detailing etc. A friend recommended Caltex station opposite Ikea Alexandra.

Any more good lobang on west side of Singapore?

Or is it a case of any petrol station also can do type of job?

New ride should alrdy have a sealant coat yea... in fact, any ride with sealant coated only need at least a basic* proper regular DIY wash e.g. once a week, with Prosphate free shampoo coupled with proper washing sponge (or microfibre cloth), drying charmos and microfiber cloth.

Waxing... dont waste time and money.

*because there's more if u must know, much to learn u need.

Cheers.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

I wouldn't waste time on the outlet in Revol at Toh Guan, got bad experience myself and 2 other colleagues.

Either you go to their AMK Autopoint , go somewhere else.

New ride should consider coating, it extend the shine and easier to maintain, as for car wash nothing beat washing it yourselves

if u use nano paint sealant ( I thought all new mercs will have), normal shampooing will make the car shine like new.............

For clarity and specific, has to be Prosphate Free shampoo... many do not know this.

Regular shampoo or shampoo with prosphate, will strip the nano sealant... for cars without sealant, it will strip the paint's clear coat. Otherwise even with TLC shampoo (with prosphate) wash, the shine will start to "deteriorate".

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

For clarity and specific, has to be Prosphate Free shampoo... many do not know this.

Regular shampoo or shampoo with prosphate, will strip the nano sealant... for cars without sealant, it will strip the paint's clear coat. Otherwise even with TLC shampoo (with prosphate) wash, the shine will start to "deteriorate".

Hi, i read the label on autoglym shampoo that it is PH neutral. So this is the same as phosphate free?

Hi, i read the label on autoglym shampoo that it is PH neutral. So this is the same as phosphate free?

Nope. PH Neutral means the liquid is neither acidic nor alkaline.

Visual guide, regardless of whether shampoo contain wax or not, are as follows;

Other coloured shampoo = Likely non PH Neutral & not Phosphate free

Blue coloured shampoo = PH Neutral & not Phosphate free

Orange coloured shampoo = PH Neutral & Phosphate free.

Nope. PH Neutral means the liquid is neither acidic nor alkaline.

Visual guide, regardless of whether shampoo contain wax or not, are as follows;

Blue coloured shampoos = PH Neutral

Orange coloured shampoo = PH Neutral & Phosphate free.

Thanks bro, this is useful info,

I am using Meguairs's Gold Shampoo and its orange coloured :D

• Like 1

Thanks bro, this is useful info,

I am using Meguairs's Gold Shampoo and its orange coloured :D

LOL, good for you. Maguair's Gold Class shampoo IS prosphate free.