• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 Car Doors Self Locked

Berrie

Hello Forumers,

I’d left my car key on the passenger seat and when I walked over to the driver door, I couldn’t open it at all. All four doors were automatically locked. Was thinking if I can open the car boot, I don’t mind climbing in! Also can’t! The only thing I was holding was my hp! OMFG!

Drove my car to C&C. The technician looked at me like some idiot, wanna laugh but dare not laugh at me. He said “Miss, I think your bag is too thick so the car cannot detect your car key! And also when you closed the passenger door, you might have accidentally swiped the door lock. You’re advised to put your car key in your pocket instead of your bag.”

Seriously huh got logic?! What if there’s a baby in the car how?!

Anyone experienced this before?

This encountered before to my parents many times....

Those cars with keyless will lock after few mins of no activity ,this auto locking safely feature will sometimes not able to read that the key is still in the car and lock.(This can be confirmed by those who drove keyless cars and when u tries to start the engine or driving sometimes the message of key not detected show up)

Thus this should be what had happened.

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

This encountered before to my parents many times....

Those cars with keyless will lock after few mins of no activity ,this auto locking safely feature will sometimes not able to read that the key is still in the car and lock.(This can be confirmed by those who drove keyless cars and when u tries to start the engine or driving sometimes the message of key not detected show up)

Thus this should be what had happened.

You have a point, then it's a setting of how many minutes of non-activity.

wonder if we use the MB Star C4 can we change this setting?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I only know gherkins, not burkins.  But I have heard of Kellys and Birkins.  Haha, ouch.

This sort of thing will not happen to my Alphard.  I have tried numerous times but the car detects the key inside the car and refuses to lock.

Thank goodness for Toyota 'ingenuity'.  I don't have keyless for my ancient W203. Have to take note if I ever get another Merc.

Bullshit by C&C.

It might be true.  Can someone test this out?

I will test this out on my Alphard.

Tested out on my Alphard.

Wrapped the key fob (A) in thick fabric and popped inside a metal container.

The car won't lock.

Used another keyfob ( B) and the car still won't lock from outside.

Used the remote control lock button on keyfob B from outside, the car could be locked and unlocked.

My conclusion : if the keyfob is inside the car, you can't accidentally lock it.

Arshavin, you might be right there.

Perhaps someone can test this out on a late model Merc?

I believe walking from one side of the door to another takes 1 min? Think invalid point here?!?

Tested out on my Alphard.

Wrapped the key fob (A) in thick fabric and popped inside a metal container.

The car won't lock.

Used another keyfob ( B) and the car still won't lock from outside.

Used the remote control lock button on keyfob B from outside, the car could be locked and unlocked.

My conclusion : if the keyfob is inside the car, you can't accidentally lock it.

Arshavin, you might be right there.

Perhaps someone can test this out on a late model Merc?

Alfart diff, anw thanks for testing it out.

The car door will only automatically lock if after unlocking via remote or the button touch, you do not physically open the car door. Once you unlock and physically open the car door and close it, the auto lock function will not happen.

Will try leaving the key inside the car and try to lock it from outside to see whether can replicate TS situation

The other day I absentmindedly left my key fob in my laptop bag which I conveniently stash in the boot.. When i tried locking the car, it wouldn't and that's when I figured I did not have the key w me. Boy was I relieved..