• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

First time buying a Mercedes-Benz and it went from great to worst

Adam.Ng

Hi all,

Wanted to hear your views.

I always wanted a Mercedes so when I could finally afford one, I went excitedly to C&C and bought an E200 Edition E in Dec'15.

I originally wanted to collect the car on 12th Jan as it was our 8th wedding anniversary but was told 15th. 15th Jan came and the all excited me was told about some water mark issues and collection needed to be postponed to 18th. On the 18th, my sales consultant told me it's still not ready and if I find the wait ridiculously long, I can collect the car first and bring back for fixing later. In a fit of anger, I scolded him and called the mainline to change my consultant.

The sales manager took 2 more days to call me back and told me I could collect on 21st/22nd. Post that, there hadn't been any update at all.

I feel rather frustrated by all of these and wonder if my expectation of off track.

Would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks'

Why get so worked up? Collection of a new car is supposedly a good feeling affair. If the SE says the car is not ready, I would rather that they fix up whatever that needed to be fixed before handing it over to me. Delayed by a few days is no big deal lah, better than to have some headaches & keep sending it back to workshop. Changing (sacking) your SE is rather extreme....the next SE will probably give you half hearted service as there's no commission for him. IMO....Not a good move.

Hope you will still enjoy the moment when it's here.

• Like 1

Imo he was honest to tell u the imperfections than acting blur.

Watermarks are subjective to individuals, some may notice right away, some don't even bother.

If the SA took his chance, you probably won't even know about it, and he could even save his trouble fighting with his internal tech people or 3rd party who are actually causing the delay, while risking pissing you off, like now.

Well... Go thru the forum and you may be able to see the kind of service CnC provided to the folks here..

Try not to have any expectations even tho we drive a Merc... and you'll save yourself agony.

Enjoy the coffee and pastries while you are there, or perhaps the massage chair.

Anyway, New year is coming, be happy, and hey, you got yourself a new car!

if buying a Merc was about the status experience etc etc then can just throw such thoughts out of the window. Wrote a complain letter before about the service level and end up just getting brush aside with some lame excuses.

Anyway you're expected to accept such things but yet praise the brand cause no one will believe the "bad" xp.

No big deal buying a Mercedes bro. It's just another 4 wheel machine that bring you from point A-B. Agree with bro Jtang. Buying cars should be a happy things. And sacking the SA do not benefit you. The matter of fact. Nothing will happen to him. As he is just being helpful and honest.

If you really looking for good service when buying a car, you should buy Toyota. The SA are very friendly.

Thanks all. I just can't stand it when people gave me an attitude whether it is buying a mop or a Mercedes. Having though about it for a while, I have 're-employed' my SA. After all, forgiveness and forgetting is the best virtue.

• Like 5

No big deal buying a Mercedes bro. It's just another 4 wheel machine that bring you from point A-B. Agree with bro Jtang. Buying cars should be a happy things. And sacking the SA do not benefit you. The matter of fact. Nothing will happen to him. As he is just being helpful and honest.

If you really looking for good service when buying a car, you should buy Toyota. The SA are very friendly.

Ya, I agree with the part on going to Toyota for the good service.

Even better if you can afford Lexus, my friend was just telling me about the great services, both pre and after sales, that his Lexus SE is giving him.

And he 'only bought an NX' :P

Chill..... I wont vent my anger on waiting time.....SA is just there to relay the message.... Will u like it when u finally drive the car out and spot the water mark?

Once u drive the car out , they can blame it back on you..... Then u go back suck thumb sing song

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Ya, I agree with the part on going to Toyota for the good service.

Even better if you can afford Lexus, my friend was just telling me about the great services, both pre and after sales, that his Lexus SE is giving him.

And he 'only bought an NX' :P

OT here, but just a quick question.. lexus is afterall a jap, is it still 'solid' like the germans after say, 5 years or older?

my last car, legacy gt for example, the door felt not that taut compared to it's newer days. even a friend's markx felt that way, all over 5yrs old, and not in that kind of abused condition.

Well, I have to say I had just written in to complain about some issues as well. Wasn't too pleased with how the matter was being handled. My feelings are similar to Adam. Hard to imagine this is really the type of experience you get from a  supposedly "first class in cars".

Adam - perhaps the expectations we had for Mercs are too high and hence, the difference in experience we got. Take it easy.

Well, I have to say I had just written in to complain about some issues as well. Wasn't too pleased with how the matter was being handled. My feelings are similar to Adam. Hard to imagine this is really the type of experience you get from a supposedly "first class in cars".

Adam - perhaps the expectations we had for Mercs are too high and hence, the difference in experience we got. Take it easy.

I would think both your expectations are correct. It's not high at all and is just that others allow it to be the norm

Lexus indeed has super good services. Was trying the Lexus before buying my Merc.

I think C&C just need to improve its services. As an owner, I take pride in driving my car and would like to see its value (not monetary) increase.

• Like 1

You made your buying experience a bad one... just because you are impatient ...  if they say its not ready.... it's not ready.... rather than give you a imperfect car then you KPKB again... not forgetting it endangers your family....  Kao peh simi LJ? 

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Every experience is good or bad, depending on how you react to it. Look at the negative side, they make you wait. Look at the positive side, they are detecting even the minor faults and letting you know in advance, wanting to do a good job and give you a quality product.

At the end of the day, a few more days isn't really going to be something that we can't live with ... its a car .... in Singapore context, its a luxury and not a necessity. Enjoy it, and don't get too worked up over it.

You made your buying experience a bad one... just because you are impatient ... if they say its not ready.... it's not ready.... rather than give you a imperfect car then you KPKB again... not forgetting it endangers your family.... Kao peh simi LJ?

I'll advice you don't try this act in a restaurant.... you won't know what you'll get in the end.....  

Thanks all. I just can't stand it when people gave me an attitude whether it is buying a mop or a Mercedes. Having though about it for a while, I have 're-employed' my SA. After all, forgiveness and forgetting is the best virtue.

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

You made your buying experience a bad one... just because you are impatient ...  if they say its not ready.... it's not ready.... rather than give you a imperfect car then you KPKB again... not forgetting it endangers your family....  Kao peh simi LJ?

Disagree with your opinion. If they say it's not ready, it's not ready. How about when they say it'll be ready then say it's not ready and on top of that, throw in poor attitude. This is a simple example of poor service. Period. Condoning or tolerating it is doing good for them or doing harm. I leave it to you to decide.

I also found it incredibly difficult to imagine how watermark on paintwork would endanger my family.

Pai seh for kao peh-ing so much LJ

Bro Adam.Ng, I think you could had mis-interpreted Ah Bui some phases of endanger family, I believed what he meant is some times if "some SE" wants to simply give their customers their car without trying to get all things right. That customer might get a Lemon car which could endangered family or customer self.

Yes, you are right in that they could had handled it better by at least informing roughly when can your car be ready, or there is some hiccups, they should had offer something at least to make up. Paintwork I believed its because of branding, car must look swee swee.

Yeah! Dun worry. Each has their own opinions. And Adam.Ng started this thread to ask for our views.

We always love an impeccable service. But seldom get them. More important in my opinion is our reaction. Take a deep breath and enjoy ur new car! Even if its a little delayed! :)