• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A180 style fall in

iceman313

Hi, anyone knows if the FL A180 has CarPlay as standard? Or is it an COMAND option? Thanks!

Negative, no CarPlay as standard, remains in COMMAND option which is approx S$10-12k more (totally not worth it imo).

Quote/Unquote

1) Mercedes-Benz has issued an internal announcement to U.S. dealers (via C450 AMG) that confirms CarPlay will be supported in a number of 2016 model year vehicles starting with December 1, 2015 or January 8, 2016 production or later.

2) CarPlay will be available in select CLA, CLS, GLA, GLE, E-Class, and B-Class models produced after December 1, 2015.

Cents

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Negative, no CarPlay as standard, remains in COMMAND option which is approx S$10-12k more (totally not worth it imo).

Quote/Unquote

1) Mercedes-Benz has issued an internal announcement to U.S. dealers (via C450 AMG) that confirms CarPlay will be supported in a number of 2016 model year vehicles starting with December 1, 2015 or January 8, 2016 production or later.

2) CarPlay will be available in select CLA, CLS, GLA, GLE, E-Class, and B-Class models produced after December 1, 2015.

Cents

Ahh I see, quite a disappointment zzz. Thanks for the heads up!

I had been advise from Se my next servicing is 15000. Or 1 yrs. Will all of your follow?

What is more important is the rationale for this longer service interval. It does not mean any car you can do so or even Mercedes you can do so (if different engine oil is use).

Too long to type. If interested to know, I am happy to have a chat over cup of nice coffee.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Need some help please. I noticed the car roll back on slop a bit. I read the instruction manual that the car has a brake hold function but I can't seems to activate it. Does anyone know if our a class had this feature and how to activate it ?

Secondly when I am on auto start stop at traffic light and the engine cuts off..very often my aircon turns the closed circulation off and I have to turn it on again very frequently . Anyone knows how to prevent that without deactivating the start stop ?

Thanks in advance

Still trying to figure out the car

Hi. Need some help please. I noticed the car roll back on slop a bit. I read the instruction manual that the car has a brake hold function but I can't seems to activate it. Does anyone know if our a class had this feature and how to activate it ?

Secondly when I am on auto start stop at traffic light and the engine cuts off..very often my aircon turns the closed circulation off and I have to turn it on again very frequently . Anyone knows how to prevent that without deactivating the start stop ?

Thanks in advance

Still trying to figure out the car

Hi there,

To activate brake hold simply depress brake gently all the way down. You should see a (HOLD) in between your temp and time display at the top. Anyway, my car doesn't roll back even on steep slopes without the brake hold function. Maybe U might wanna check with your SE?

And I don't think U can change AC settings without deactivating auto start stop

Haha my two cents hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...