• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 Windows Fogging

RHO

Hi Guys,

The aircon on Auto and even manual setting causes my windscreen to gets fog out.. This is irritating as I need to activate the wiper. 

My ride is about 10 months old.

Have brought back to time C&C but they told me that they Syn the air con blah blah.... They have not solve the problem.

Anyone experience this?

post-6320-0-88022100-1452655221_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear RHO,

There is only that much C&C can do because fogging revolves around the natural science of things. It is of no fault of C&C.

You want to read the article below why such "fogging" happens primarily in a warm climate country like SG.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/how-to-de-fog-your-windscreen-23513

Lastly your manual has a segment explaining why recycling and no recycling of aircon plays an important role here.

Cheers,

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Dear RHO,

There is only that much C&C can do because fogging revolves around the natural science of things. It is of no fault of C&C.

You want to read the article below why such "fogging" happens primarily in a warm climate country like SG.

Lastly your manual has a segment explaining why recycling and no recycling of aircon plays an important role here.

Cheers,

Hi Baby A,

Yes. I acknowledge that this are natural of science. But if there are few thousands cars on the road of different and same make that are not fogging when I am... then something must be wrong? The the "Auto" mode  and climate control should be intelligent enough to regulate the air right? I get this also in the afternoon.  

Cheers.

On the day of collection, my Sales person advise to set the air distribution direct at the driver/passenger - this would prevent air from being channeled onto the windshield. I have not tried but I do have the same misting problem on mine windshield here.

Agree with JoJoArmani. Having it on auto doesn't mean the windshield won't fog. It happens to Armani's car too, and I've seen it happen on other cars (BMW and Audi included) which doesn't make your case an isolated one. If there's cold air blowing to the wind screen, it'll definitely fog up when it comes into contact with the hot windscreen. Nothing incorrect about it.

As BabyA mentioned, it's natural science. Mercedes sells their cars world wide, I highly doubt they'll do a setting just for our climate.

Why don't you try switching it to manual and set the air to blow only at the central vents and see if the problem persists?

Dear RHO,

Cheers,

Agree with JoJoArmani. Having it on auto doesn't mean the windshield won't fog. It happens to Armani's car too, and I've seen it happen on other cars (BMW and Audi included) which doesn't make your case an isolated one. If there's cold air blowing to the wind screen, it'll definitely fog up when it comes into contact with the hot windscreen. Nothing incorrect about it.

As BabyA mentioned, it's natural science. Mercedes sells their cars world wide, I highly doubt they'll do a setting just for our climate.

Why don't you try switching it to manual and set the air to blow only at the central vents and see if the problem persists?

Hi Markcwq,

Have done that and the difference is the misting will appear in the centre. See image.

Hi JoJoArmani,  Markcwq,

Do you get the same when you set the air distribution to the front i.e like my setting?

post-6320-0-58779300-1452749555_thumb.jpg

I am not sure what is your problem but I suspect that you are allowing cold air to come out of the air vents on the dashboard and this cold air fogs up.

In our climate, there is no reason to have the cold air come out of the dashboard at the base of the windscreen.  Just switch to the front and side air vents.  I am quite sure it wil solve your issue.

The only times I used the air vents on top of the dashboard was when I was living overseas, driving the car in winter.  So I set the warm air there to demist the front windscreen.  I never have to do that in tropical Singapore.

I am not sure of the W205 but on mine, there is a rotary switch to shut the air vent at the centre of the top of the dashboard.  That might be causing your latest fogging issue at the centre of the windscreen.

There are air vents at the top of the dashboard, at the front fascia (at the centre and at the 2 sides near the side windows) and at the bottom (blowing to the feet).

In winter it is nice to have warm air blowing through all 3 sections.  In tropical Singapore, I merely need the fascia vents to blow cool air onto my face.

And I always close the recirculating vent to eliminate smelly air coming in.  And I set my fan at the lowest possible speed - I am conditioned and used to slow fan speed.

Actually I think you should try out our suggestions to direct cold air to the fascia vents only.  

Otherwise if you complain to C&C, they might dismantle your dashboard to 'cure' your problems.  

Once the dashboard is dismantled, there is a high chance of getting rattles thereafter.

I would never want the dashboard dismantled.  That is the reason why I have resisted installing after-market stereo sets (but I know that is not exactly a good or valid reason as there are good installers.) 

Hi pearl jam ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried to direct the air to the front see my image in my last post. I believe the cold air is still out from the front causing the midst. The difference between the auto and the direct to front is the shorter midst. Compare my first and last image. You can see the setting.

Hi Markcwq,

Have done that and the difference is the misting will appear in the centre. See image.

Hi JoJoArmani, Markcwq,

Do you get the same when you set the air distribution to the front i.e like my setting?

IMG_4871.JPG

Problem partially solved in "Phase-I", now lets go into Phase-II problem solving

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

1 fan is strong enough for u?

It is cold enough when temp set at 22 deg... during raining weather i may have to turn the fan to 0.5

It is cold enough when temp set at 22 deg... during raining weather i may have to turn the fan to 0.5

Erm.. Even if I set to frontal it still misty in the centre... see my second image....

Seems like setting frontal solved the problems for your guys but not mine :(

Erm.. Even if I set to frontal it still misty in the centre... see my second image....

Seems like setting frontal solved the problems for your guys but not mine :(

Someones' was solved, not mine. I never had the problem since day-1 as i left everything as default less start/stop and internal circulation.

I recalled the manual did state to switch off "internal aircon circulation" (default is off) to prevent fogging and to replenish the O2 level inside the vehicle's cabin.

• 2 weeks later...