sharppoint

W205 high pitch sound when brake hold

23 posts in this topic

I can hear a very high pitch 'eeeeee' sound whenever I brake hold. Sound inmediately disappear when brake hold is released.

Anyone has this issue? Happens to both my car in workshop now and the loan car.

Got the car back today after a week in workshop for various fixes.

Sound still there. :(

With music on, will be better. At least it cover up the sound.

at which point do you hear the screech? while  you are activating the brake hold?

My brake hold emits absolutely no sound. Theoretically shouldn't brake hold function as if you were stepping on your brakes when stationary? Does this sound still exist when you step on your brakes when stationary or does it happen only when you use brake hold?

Once brake hold released, no sound immediately. Stepping on brakes alone, no sound.

I have the same issue. Problem is, nobody else can hear it (anyone who's not in the driver's seat anyway). I think it's a certain frequency that's emitted by the electromagnetic brakes.

Brought in to C&C to fix some other rattle noises, but the service guys could not hear the high-pitched noise. Then again, I do have sensitive hearing.

Just got used to it after a while to be honest... don't even notice it (nor the cricket chirping sound from the keyless communication) that much anymore...

It's pure physic....2 piece of material ( brake pad and brake disc) rubbing against each other to produce friction ( which slow the car) byproducts are heat and vibration. It's the vibration that cause the rubbing sound you hear...the sound get more pronounce during very slow speed as the environment is quieter. So it's normal.

I got this sound in my w205..

I have the same issue. Problem is, nobody else can hear it (anyone who's not in the driver's seat anyway). I think it's a certain frequency that's emitted by the electromagnetic brakes.

Brought in to C&C to fix some other rattle noises, but the service guys could not hear the high-pitched noise. Then again, I do have sensitive hearing.

Just got used to it after a while to be honest... don't even notice it (nor the cricket chirping sound from the keyless communication) that much anymore...

Getting used to it too. In the early mornings 6am+ when I send my kid to school, can be very irritating.

It's pure physic....2 piece of material ( brake pad and brake disc) rubbing against each other to produce friction ( which slow the car) byproducts are heat and vibration. It's the vibration that cause the rubbing sound you hear...the sound get more pronounce during very slow speed as the environment is quieter. So it's normal.

I got this sound in my w205..

Sound only happens when car fully stopped AND brake hold applied.

Getting used to it too. In the early mornings 6am+ when I send my kid to school, can be very irritating.

Sound only happens when car fully stopped AND brake hold applied.

I just collected my car today. I hear the sound too. Exactly when I do brake hold, once released, it is alright. No sound whatsoever when I am pressing on the brake.

Any fix other than getting used to it?

What is brake hold?

https://youtu.be/2zCU09hlYrY

Modern Merc have the feature.

Thank you.

Didn't know this feature.

Don't think I will use this feature.

Don't trust the system.

This function has been around for a few generations of Merc. I use it all the time albeit with my food still on the brakes, very useful when stuck in a jam. BMW, Audi, etc. all have similar systems.

Thank you.

Didn't know this feature.

Don't think I will use this feature.

Don't trust the system.

try it... it is part of the overall comfort feature. try on flat ground first if you are doubtful.

I've been using this system daily without any incidents. Use it.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but anyone managed find a solution to this problem? I just got my c class cabrio and facing the exact same problem. The problem is the rest of the passengers cannot hear it. I thought it's my ear issue. But just yesterday I got a musician friend to listen for me. He can hear it too haha 

I never got it fixed. Somehow got used to it. Likely to be the speakers or mic feedback loop.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, sharppoint said:

I never got it fixed. Somehow got used to it. Likely to be the speakers or mic feedback loop.

quite bothered by it even after 2 weeks haha. either after using brake hold or when i park the car. i will hear it. maybe will check with the c&c SE if she knows of this issue.

Kinda got used to it... also, don't really use the hold function anymore... 

On 1/28/2016 at 4:02 PM, sharppoint said:

Once brake hold released, no sound immediately. Stepping on brakes alone, no sound.

Now I have the same problem as you...

On 5/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, sharppoint said:

Doesn't seems like coming from the speaker.