• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Water seeps into B class merc spare tyre compartment . Why??

Taraus25

Recently , my helper helped to clean the car and discover a puddle of water submerging the spare tyre at the spare tyre compartment. May I know what could be the issue.

There is a seepage gap at either of your rear tail lamps or your bumper. Thus when it rains or when u have a car wash, the water goes in and settles at the spare tyre compartment. What you can do is

1) dry out the water first

2) pull down your rear seats and have a open view of the spare tyre compartment while u are seated behind

3) with the boot closed ofcourse, get your helper to slowly spray water at each rear section of the car for 20 to 30 sec each. You should be able to identify where the leakage is coming from.

Paralleluni, thank you for prompt advice . In your opinion what could be the likely issue ? Recently I have my tail light lamp fix ( bulb blown , understand is an inherent problem of B class) by the workshop at Leng Kee . Suspect the mechanic didn't assemble it probably henceforth causing the leak ?

Paralleluni, thank you for prompt advice . In your opinion what could be the likely issue ? Recently I have my tail light lamp fix ( bulb blown , understand is an inherent problem of B class) by the workshop at Leng Kee . Suspect the mechanic didn't assemble it probably henceforth causing the leak ?

It could be that he didn't insert the tail lamp back properly. But I rather wouldn't guess.

Try my step 1 to 3. You should be able to find out the location of the gap.

Or simply go to a trust worthy workshop of ur own. Your case ain't the first and an experienced workshop will

perform the method I suggested and proceed to fix the problem. Don't brood over it, bro,

Good night