• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2016 GLC

darksaint

Hi John,

thanks so much for the advice on buying from PI with ready stock. Not sure if this just the GLC, a few PI I called told me their stock will be arriving in showroom Oct or Nov, but I should buy now as this model is selling very fast. I was so tempted to do it but now I guess I should look around more for those with ready stock.

I have another question, do diff PI have diff specs & features? This was feeling I got after talking to PI and I am getting confused 😓

Thank u!

Hi John,

thanks so much for the advice on buying from PI with ready stock. Not sure if this just the GLC, a few PI I called told me their stock will be arriving in showroom Oct or Nov, but I should buy now as this model is selling very fast. I was so tempted to do it but now I guess I should look around more for those with ready stock.

I have another question, do diff PI have diff specs & features? This was feeling I got after talking to PI and I am getting confused

Thank u!

There is possible diff in specs and features. My pre-register gla which I bring in myself (pending LTA approval) presently is parked beside a black glc250 with amg line at my PI friend's shop. I've gotten a cat A coe last month if not sure jump to this glc250. If there is a need you may pm me for his contact to view the real car and to compare the features and understand more on this car. He is quite helpful and not moneyminded person.

• 2 weeks later...

GLC 43, GLE 63 S or GLS 63.... Hmmm....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Hmm.....Must measure my garage first cos my ML500 is very tight in my garage....... Almost hitting my wall....

Just now, darksaint said:

for you of cos GLS63.... haha

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Cannot la... It's built in

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2016 at 9:07 PM, Car-nerd said:

Hi all, I am new here 😁like Bigray, I m also looking to buy a GLC but waiting time from C&C as at now is abt 9months,& my car needs to be scrap year end 😭

Looks like PI is my only option, is there any good recommendation for PI n pointers to take note 😅

Am alittle worried from after hearing horror stories abt PI.

Thanks so much in advance!

Call Terence at JCWC. Just bought mine from him.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_PIdealer_salesteam.php?dcode=1231

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LaKopi said:

Hi guys

I m new here, just put my deposit for the GLC today.

I notice my don't have any rear view camera at all, do you guys have the rear view camera in your GLC?

if not, where can I install it?

U may try to ask ur SE for the rear cam installer contact. Our rear cams are installed locally. 

Else try try elebest or Benzline. 

13 hours ago, darksaint said:

U may try to ask ur SE for the rear cam installer contact. Our rear cams are installed locally. 

Else try try elebest or Benzline. 

thank you for your reply.

been to elebest folder and take a look....holy shit, many poison, guess got to save more for those upgrade liao, thank again.

17 hours ago, bigray said:

Hi guys 

I went for a test drive GLC diesels .. Car is in full spec .. Any comment ?? 

I have only general comment for diesel. Drive an Audi 3.0TDI diesel.

Low HP but very high Torque. Strong engine, very fun to drive but always that cam knocking valve stem sound.

No point adjusting the cam as it will always return

Unfriendly road tax and lower resale compare to petrol but as said...very FUN to drive.

31 minutes ago, al66 said:

I have only general comment for diesel. Drive an Audi 3.0TDI diesel.

Low HP but very high Torque. Strong engine, very fun to drive but always that cam knocking valve stem sound.

No point adjusting the cam as it will always return

Unfriendly road tax and lower resale compare to petrol but as said...very FUN to drive.

Thanks for info 

I also notice diesel sound a bit loud in cabin 

how often do we need to change cam

On 07/10/2016 at 10:47 PM, bigray said:

Hi guys 

I went for a test drive GLC diesels .. Car is in full spec .. Any comment ?? 

Full spec?  

Intelligent LED + high beam assist? 

Distronic plus + BSM? 

Comand online? 

Airmatic suspension? 

AMG Line? 

Designo leather interior? 

Surround view? 

Parktronic with park assist? 

Pano roof? 

Thermotronic 3 zone climate control? 

Burmeister sound system. 

My point being... Be aware of all these options so that you make sure you know what you are paying OR Not paying for. 

PI likes to play around with these options to make the price attractive. 

22 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Full spec?  

Intelligent LED + high beam assist? 

Distronic plus + BSM? 

Comand online? 

Airmatic suspension? 

AMG Line? 

Designo leather interior? 

Surround view? 

Parktronic with park assist? 

Pano roof? 

Thermotronic 3 zone climate control? 

Burmeister sound system. 

My point being... Be aware of all these options so that you make sure you know what you are paying OR Not paying for. 

PI likes to play around with these options to make the price attractive. 

Still got so many option to add on for the GLC?

is the blind spot warning also an option for the GLC or use other model to add on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2016 at 10:18 PM, LaKopi said:

Still got so many option to add on for the GLC?

is the blind spot warning also an option for the GLC or use other model to add on?

just sharing my personal experience.

Placed order with PI mid Dec after seeing ready stock and because C&C told me queue to collect is till April 2017 when I visited their showroom early Dec.They dont even bother to display it! 

Anyway, I took C&C's 2 page GLC leaflet, it lists all the options coming from C&C as standard in first page, beside technical data in 2nd page, lists all the optional equipment list that can be factory fitted. Pass to your PI dealer and ask him to tick all applicable in their offer, makes the whole comparison exercise less painful.

Attached is my copy for your easy reference.

If you die die want certain color or options to be included to your liking, only choice is to place your customized order and wait for delivery.

Happy shopping! 

Page 1.jpg

Page 2.tif

• Like 1