• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 noisy wipers

sharppoint

14 hours ago, Utopian said:

I went down all the way to e-rev

the salesgirl say have but cannot find, the boss came out and see and say don't have.

Yours w205?  I'm surprised as they have all kinds of adaptors. Mine is a CLA....also a very rare clip. 

• 6 months later...

hi Guys,

I bought a pair of Bosch wiper blades very recently from Min Hoe Auto Supply at Serangoon Rd. for my W204.

It costs only $35.00 (half of Original $65.00). Worth trying since it's cheap.

You can give them a call and ask for a W205 compatible. No adaptors or whatsoever, changed both in less than a minute.

After testing all kind of screen coating and cleaners trying to get rid of the juddering. 

I tried this recently and surprising it's working . 

1) Rain-X coating and let it dry. 

2) After few hours, use normal dish washer detergent with green wool to scrub /wash it. 

Juddering seem to disappear and Rain-X coating still there. 

• 2 months later...
On 07/10/2017 at 11:01 PM, blueodyssey said:

Well I guess changing a new original one doesn't help? Cos I tried and it didn't.

Live from the noon showers:

https://youtu.be/G6t97i2fIeg

You should have asked😁 iI drive a 1 year old A200. I got so annoyed by the wipers that i recently bot new wipers and tried  them.. It rained... and the new wipers juddered... Then "I had nothing to lose" i bot the armmol extreme tyre gel .. applied them onto the OLD wipers.... and it worked!!!.. I put the new wipers back into the box...

2 hours ago, Cloverleaf said:

You should have asked😁 iI drive a 1 year old A200. I got so annoyed by the wipers that i recently bot new wipers and tried  them.. It rained... and the new wipers juddered... Then "I had nothing to lose" i bot the armmol extreme tyre gel .. applied them onto the OLD wipers.... and it worked!!!.. I put the new wipers back into the box...

No lah few days after car collection I told my SE that the wipers judder. She offered to polish the windscreen. After that I tested on the spot, within a few swipes the judder came back. The workshop manager offered to change to brand new set of wipers for me. However, he did share that it will not help much...

Yeah yeah I gonna get a bottle of tyre gel. Where has the best deal? Autobacs? Haha. 

5 hours ago, blueodyssey said:

Yeah yeah I gonna get a bottle of tyre gel. Where has the best deal? Autobacs? Haha. 

Hmmm.. best deal?.. The ArmorAll Extreme Tyre shine gel.. i couldn't find them at spc,... I bot from mobil for $20 and a bit.. i think. So if u can get it from autobaacs for less, then...it should be ok😁

3 hours ago, blueodyssey said:

Thanks for sharing. I really need it. Its been raining daily lately.

Btw, i am not sure if i mentioned it here, but the tyre shine gel will leave an oily stain on your windscreen on your 1st use.  I used dishwashing liquid and lots of paper towels to remove the oily film. I only cleaned the windscreen once. It has been about 3 weeks since 1 applied the Armorall once and no more judder😁

Hi Guys,
Same problem, I removed the polish and coating everything on it. The juddering stops.
However, now I have watermarks on my car and when raining heavily, I cant see clearly. The water clings to the glass, not easy to come off.

Thus to solve a glass scratch problem with the rain sticking problem I went to home fix to buy a bottle of metal polish.
I tried to use it to get the scratches off my windscreen, to no avail. However, that patch of which I applied the metal polish is clear when the rain falls on it. Unlike the rest of the windscreen.
Now when its raining I have a dick shape polish on my windscreen. I stopped putting more metal polish because I'm unsure of its effects.

Is putting metal polish advisable?. Should I just polish the entire windscreen with it? Isit the same thing that they use outside to polish windscreens?

Having a judder is better than not seeing clearly during heavy rain =(

43 minutes ago, Yotaichio said:

Hi Guys,
Same problem, I removed the polish and coating everything on it. The juddering stops.
However, now I have watermarks on my car and when raining heavily, I cant see clearly. The water clings to the glass, not easy to come off.

Thus to solve a glass scratch problem with the rain sticking problem I went to home fix to buy a bottle of metal polish.
I tried to use it to get the scratches off my windscreen, to no avail.

What did you use to "scratch" your windscreen? I tried many things including "alcohol" based  liquids to  clean my windscreen.. but none of them worked. My SE even gave me MB windscreen polish product.. i only used it once cos my guess is that it is MB equivalent of Rain X

16 minutes ago, Cloverleaf said:

What did you use to "scratch" your windscreen? I tried many things including "alcohol" based  liquids to  clean my windscreen.. but none of them worked. My SE even gave me MB windscreen polish product.. i only used it once cos my guess is that it is MB equivalent of Rain X

The long hairline scratch came from a flying stone I think. I read that metal polish removes scratches.
So I polished the area with the scratch with metal polish (It did not remove my scratch).
This resulted in a smooth patch on the part I rubbed the polish on. When it rains That patch is clear whereas the other areas have water clinging unto it.

23 minutes ago, Cloverleaf said:

I see... i got a small srone chip on my windscreen when my car was a few months old.. "heart pain".. but i just left it alone

If you frequent NSH, your windscreen will be the Milky Way... :devil:

On 09/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, Cloverleaf said:

Haha B roads are worse, gravel run off areas on 2 lane roads😀

On 09/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, Odessus said:

If you frequent NSH, your windscreen will be the Milky Way... :devil:

What does NSH mean? Where are the B roads?