• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 noisy wipers

sharppoint

oh..I thought I'm the only that thinks that the C&C wiper fluid cause more juddering.

I had since asked them not to change the wiper fluid during servicing.

Currently, I'm trying out Hella Dyna Blades. They sweep smoother but still comes back after a while.....

I believe the wiper fluid they add caused mine too. After flushing and using plain water, issue has not returned since.

• 3 weeks later...

Friends, I have found an alternative that works & costs a lot less. No more juddering! Been looking for silicone wipers like PIAA for my CLA45 like forever & I finally found an alternative. Introducing.....Crystal Silicone wipers. Don't know where it's made but as long as it's silicone & works well, who cares. Only $75.

Got it from E-Rev Motor Sports LLP in Admiralty.

These wipers come with many kinds of adaptor that will fit various Merc models.

post-178-0-95469500-1463565879_thumb.jpeg

post-178-0-78320900-1463565891_thumb.jpeg

Once a car mechanic show me how to solve my wiper juddering on my previous ride...he applied a slight force to bend my wiper arm upwards in the direction away from the wind screen and the juddering was gone. He explained to me it's because the wiper arm spring was too strong pressing against the windscreen.

Recently tried it on my current C and it works.

Please note U need to move your wiper arm to the upright position before attempting this and use very light force.

• 3 months later...

I also have the noisy wipers issue, try all the ways mentioned in this topic or others within SG MERCS - all cannot solve this problem. Finally the C&C technician staff suggest using my complimentary free windscreen polish service. after that, problem solved.

alternative you can go outside workshop and ask them to polish your windscreen and after that, do not add or apply any other solution / lotion....

give it a go and see if it works

cheers!

I don't have noisy wipers, but I have lousy wiper blades. My car is less than 3 months old and the wiper blades seem to be worn out. It can't wipe clean and streaks of lines are appearing as if the blades are very used. 

This is my first Merc, so not sure what is the lifespan of the wiper blades. Anyone can advise? Was driving a BMW before this and their wipers can easily last close to a year for me if I recall correctly.

But being less than 3 months old and looks worn out, i think is ridiculous. And I don't think a pair of new wipers is going to cheap too right for a MB item? Anyone knows how much? 

6 hours ago, eng98 said:

I don't have noisy wipers, but I have lousy wiper blades. My car is less than 3 months old and the wiper blades seem to be worn out. It can't wipe clean and streaks of lines are appearing as if the blades are very used. 

This is my first Merc, so not sure what is the lifespan of the wiper blades. Anyone can advise? Was driving a BMW before this and their wipers can easily last close to a year for me if I recall correctly.

But being less than 3 months old and looks worn out, i think is ridiculous. And I don't think a pair of new wipers is going to cheap too right for a MB item? Anyone knows how much? 

was your car parked under direct sun, or shelter carpark? to be honest, unless it is raining every single day (which is impossible), there is no reason why the wiper blades wear out so fast.

can you take a pic to showcase the condition of the wiper?

Have you brought it down to C&C or other workshop to check the quality of the wiper? due to wear n tear or just bad QC ? or dried up type ? 

9 hours ago, rickosw said:

was your car parked under direct sun, or shelter carpark? to be honest, unless it is raining every single day (which is impossible), there is no reason why the wiper blades wear out so fast.

can you take a pic to showcase the condition of the wiper?

Have you brought it down to C&C or other workshop to check the quality of the wiper? due to wear n tear or just bad QC ? or dried up type ? 

Nothing has changed in the usage pattern between the last car and current car. My car is in the sun during the day and sheltered at night. The wipers on the last car can last longer than this.

I have made an appointment to bring down the car to C&C next week. Also will be getting them to check on other issues I have - whining sound coming out from the steering, found a couple of bubble under the paint in the internal edges of the door. Surprised with the QC done on the car.

My car (collected 1 Jan 2016) parked in sheltered carparks at home and at work. Did many "polishing" at C&C, all useless. After a while, the juddering will come back. Then finally they change FOC the wiper blade. So far so good until these few days, started to have a bit of juddering on and off as well. I will likely get them fix this when I go for my 15K soon. 

Very disappointed at the quality of the original wipers. They told me the windscreen is very good, clear and traps heat from going into cabin. But the side effect is that it may attract a lot of wax residue etc... I still do not understand till this day what they mean. Lol..

I heard changing to 3rd party silicon blades MAY work. Have not tried them yet.

I had more or less given up on the wipers issues and decided to live with it. 

I had tried almost everything... Autosol, the white color sponge etc to polish and clean the windscreen..... change original, 3rd parties wipers etc... None work... After a while, the judder comes back! 

I realized that usually during the initial sweeps, it is smooth but it seems that when the wipers heat up, the judder comes and it happen in the slowest wipe mode, in faster mode, it's not so bad. 

So normally, when it judder, I just off it for a while or spray some water and it will be OK for a minute or two.... 

5 hours ago, jskywalker said:

I had more or less given up on the wipers issues and decided to live with it. 

I had tried almost everything... Autosol, the white color sponge etc to polish and clean the windscreen..... change original, 3rd parties wipers etc... None work... After a while, the judder comes back! 

I realized that usually during the initial sweeps, it is smooth but it seems that when the wipers heat up, the judder comes and it happen in the slowest wipe mode, in faster mode, it's not so bad. 

So normally, when it judder, I just off it for a while or spray some water and it will be OK for a minute or two.... 

exactly same as on my w204 ! tried everything like you and observed the speed as well.. and yes, spraying washer liquid works

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I think C&C are terrible at addressing this issue.

This was driving me completely crazy.  My wipers would squeak, judder and generally be very noisy.  I went back so many times to Cycle and Carriage.  Honestly they didn't care at all!  They told me, Yes they are noisy, and that I should just spray some water on the windscreen.  Seriously do they think we are idiots.

I don't use any additive in the washer fluid.  I tried polishing the screen, I tried cleaning with newspaper, I tried using those 3M pads everything.  New Mercedes Wiper blades (installed for S$187!!) worked for about 24 hours then back to the normal loud wipers.

In my case I would get squeaking when the wipers arrived and left the "home" position.  There was clearly a juddering effect on the return wipe.  On the first wipe the noise would be so loud.  I squirt water on a very frequent basis would help but it wouldn't go away.  I spend a lot of money on this car and I expect MUCH MUCH more from C&C and Mercedes on such a small issue. Other cars in my family, Japanse and Audi which I care for in exactly the same way have none of these problems at all.

I got so frustrated with it I finally found a Bosch replacement wiper on line (Aero Twin)   I was a bit sceptical because I thought that there were no 3rd party blades available for this model but in frustration I tried it.  I cleaned and polished the windscreen, I replaced the blades in less than 2 minutes (very very easy) and for 2 months now not a single noise from the wiper.  The blades cost me 16 Pounds each plus I used VPost to ship it here for S$27.  Still not cheap but much much cheaper than putting on originals. 

The problem has gone now, at least for now.  For 16 pounds I'd be happy to replace my wipers a few times a year if needed.

Terrible C&C service and a real "don't care attitude".

Hope my experience helps someone.

does your bosch aerotwin came with a adapter which will make the connecting point stick out a little?

I tried 2 types of bosch wipers on my w204 before..

the one with adapter seems to be working fine with less judder.. but a little of an eyesore when viewing out from the front seats..

the other pair which doesn't require adapter ... judder as normal..

Is the Bosch Wipers available locally? Possible to send over a photo.

An update from my visit to C&C:

I couldn't get much out of them. Unfortunately I don't know how my car got covered all over by small dots of paint (i think it's paint) when you look real hard on the car and windscreen. So the SA used that to say that as the reason for my wiper not sweeping clean. I had tried to claybar the windscreen, now it's nice and smooth from touch, but the wiper still leaving streaks. Not sure if I should go back to C&C about it to complain how lousy the lifespan of these wipers.They might now say that the wipers were spoilt by the rough windscreen. Not sure if I want to subject myself to more cock and bull stories.

So I am looking for alternatives. Any one knows how much the stockist is selling the original wipers?

What are the other wipers that we can use?

5 minutes ago, eng98 said:

Is the Bosch Wipers available locally? Possible to send over a photo.

An update from my visit to C&C:

I couldn't get much out of them. Unfortunately I don't know how my car got covered all over by small dots of paint (i think it's paint) when you look real hard on the car and windscreen. So the SA used that to say that as the reason for my wiper not sweeping clean. I had tried to claybar the windscreen, now it's nice and smooth from touch, but the wiper still leaving streaks. Not sure if I should go back to C&C about it to complain how lousy the lifespan of these wipers.They might now say that the wipers were spoilt by the rough windscreen. Not sure if I want to subject myself to more cock and bull stories.

So I am looking for alternatives. Any one knows how much the stockist is selling the original wipers?

What are the other wipers that we can use?

multi clip adapter bosch wiper : http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/16010-why-choose-bosch-aerotwin-multi-clip-wiper/

I bought from another stockist before another model that fits w204 without the adapter.. also bosch..

Recently went back to Pandan for something else and I asked about the wiper judder. What they say basically the problem is with the screen, not the wiper blades. Told me that the problem will go away in future when the screen becomes not so 'waxy' and water starts to stick to it rather than now which is like a Rain-X layer. 

Quite tired of complaining liao. Just spray water lor or apply Rain-X since no diff.

2 hours ago, sharppoint said:

Recently went back to Pandan for something else and I asked about the wiper judder. What they say basically the problem is with the screen, not the wiper blades. Told me that the problem will go away in future when the screen becomes not so 'waxy' and water starts to stick to it rather than now which is like a Rain-X layer. 

Quite tired of complaining liao. Just spray water lor or apply Rain-X since no diff.

lol in short they are telling you there is a problem with their windscreen! My friend even tried replacing the windscreen for that matter... and no prizes for guessing it correctly... after replacing windscreen... same problem still persists! :D

the problem just would not go away.. used autosol.. used autoglym windshield cleaner...  'wax' should be gone long ago... but problem still persists..... dunno to laugh or to angry

No my Bosch Wipers do not have a an adaptor that sticks out.  It all fit very nicely.  Still my wipers have no noise or judder.

What C&C tell you is rubbish. I've never ever had a car with so much trouble especially with the wipers.  If the Japanese/Koreans/and other German brands can get it right then why can't Mercedes.  Frankly it's ridiculous.

Is is right to say that the problem lies with the wipers and not windscreen?

People hardly change the windscreen but the wipers are consumable items. And so all this will make people keep changing them.

I also don't understand why can't they get it right too besides what I said above.

Hope that Bosch Wiper can help. Please keep us posted.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, AsiaRoadWarrior said:

No my Bosch Wipers do not have a an adaptor that sticks out.  It all fit very nicely.  Still my wipers have no noise or judder.

What C&C tell you is rubbish. I've never ever had a car with so much trouble especially with the wipers.  If the Japanese/Koreans/and other German brands can get it right then why can't Mercedes.  Frankly it's ridiculous.

hi

can you let me know where u got your wipers ?

I been hunting high and low and even Autobacs says dun have...

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, Angchug said:

I replaced mine with PIAA at Autobac. Was working fine till I applied some rain-X.

Now the Jubbering is back . :(

hi

which Autobacs u went to ?

ubi tell me don't have, I pursue until the workshop manager he also say don't have

they don't have the fitment for W205 adapter

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, jtang said:

Friends, I have found an alternative that works & costs a lot less. No more juddering! Been looking for silicone wipers like PIAA for my CLA45 like forever & I finally found an alternative. Introducing.....Crystal Silicone wipers. Don't know where it's made but as long as it's silicone & works well, who cares. Only $75.

Got it from E-Rev Motor Sports LLP in Admiralty.

These wipers come with many kinds of adaptor that will fit various Merc models.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I went down all the way to e-rev

the salesgirl say have but cannot find, the boss came out and see and say don't have.