• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 noisy wipers

sharppoint

Wah... I actually had some issues with the car, so they say will polish the windscreen for me to fix it as well. Hopefully work, if not, will try the glass cleaner first. Metal polish is extreme man!

Yes...it was extreme. After a frustrating long quest to rid of this irritating juddering, I was prepared to smash the windscreen with a hammer & claim a new one. Thot why not try this autosol....& voila! It works.

The windscreen polish that C&C is doing for u last only 15min in the rain. You can let them try but don't bother to buy their product when the SA tells u that u need it....waste money! $70 i think.

• Like 1

What is the process when using the metal polish ?

Do you wet the glass first, apply the polish then clean with dry cloth ?

Just use it as if u r waxing the glass, no water. Wax on...wax off...like karate kid.

• 2 months later...

I used to have wiper juddering in my previous ride. I got rid of the problem by using those blue wiper fluid which you can buy at any petrol station and pour it into the wind screen water tank, activate wiper cleaning and problem solved. Also use it on my current w205, so far no problem (finger cross)...

I used to have wiper juddering in my previous ride. I got rid of the problem by using those blue wiper fluid which you can buy at any petrol station and pour it into the wind screen water tank, activate wiper cleaning and problem solved. Also use it on my current w205, so far no problem (finger cross)...

When I use the wiper wash, no judder. But after a while, it starts again. Cannot be always spraying the wash when it is raining right? I drove a Honda before and the wipers are always perfect. MB is very bad in this aspect!

I used the Autosol Metal polish method twice !!

The juddering still comes back after a while.

I also used clay, white sponge (those abrasive type) etc. After a while, it comes back.

I suspect it is not the windscreen problem but the problem with the wiper rubber.

The wiper rubber was always smooth during the first few initial brush then judder. If I switch it off, it will be smooth again.

I used the Autosol Metal polish method twice !!

The juddering still comes back after a while.

I also used clay, white sponge (those abrasive type) etc. After a while, it comes back.

I suspect it is not the windscreen problem but the problem with the wiper rubber.

The wiper rubber was always smooth during the first few initial brush then judder. If I switch it off, it will be smooth again.

Anyone changed to a PIAA silicone wiper yet? Maybe can share the result?

I just use the item in picture once and no such problems for past 6 mths. When FOC item is there, why not use it first.

Go read overseas forum also same issue, some X, Y or Z brand wiper works for some, it also dont work for others.

post-7112-0-47960600-1460557917_thumb.jpg

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Anyone changed to a PIAA silicone wiper yet? Maybe can share the result?

Was using these wipers when I had the W204. Very good but expensive. Was priced at $159 previously in Autobacs. Today I saw them retailing at $224....faint.

post-178-0-94875800-1460648159_thumb.jpeg

Was using these wipers when I had the W204. Very good but expensive. Was priced at $159 previously in Autobacs. Today I saw them retailing at $224....faint.

Can buy 3 sets of original wipers or 6 sets of OEMs.

Lucky my original wipers very obedient & do not squeal.

My take is the condition of the windscreen and wipe cleanly!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 weeks later...

juddering also occurs in A250 , had up this issue to C&C for 12 months and they put the blame on EXTERNAL OBJECT had landed on my windscreen. The problem is they did not acknowledge when our one tube of Mercedes Windscreen solution  into the container , judder starts. They have removed all liquid and use only fresh water and juddering stops !

C&C front desk are a bunch of laymen with not much technical know how,