• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

52 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

So based on your speculation, if trade in with C&C after 4 years, E250 AVG will be able to get 10K more than E200 AVG. What about the resale in the open market? 

Maybe $5-8k more based on depreciation

2 hours ago, swissfondue said:

Maybe $5-8k more based on depreciation

Buying a car in Singapore entails a lot of thinking and research. As we all know, buying a car is a lost investment and hence, we are need to plan carefully before we embark on one. By the way, as the widescreen command system is rather new, if the screen has some issues, does it mean you can't drive the car?

39 minutes ago, tzehou said:

Err... I have recently asked the dealers at Merc, they said only a few k more only 4-5yrs down the road if I intend to sell it.

Oh! Then not worth paying much more for E250AVG. Anyway, buying car in Singapore is definitely a big depreciation :( Hence, not to spend too much and in addition, car model and technology changes very rapidly and before you realise, another new and better model is launched? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Merc Fan said:

Oh! Then not worth paying much more for E250AVG. Anyway, buying car in Singapore is definitely a big depreciation :( Hence, not to spend too much and in addition, car model and technology changes very rapidly and before you realise, another new and better model is launched? 

Buying a car is not an entirely rational decision. Don't need to over crunch numbers. At the end of the day, just buy what you can afford and will enjoy.

16 hours ago, swissfondue said:

Buying a car is not an entirely rational decision. Don't need to over crunch numbers. At the end of the day, just buy what you can afford and will enjoy.

fully agree. cos end of the day, what we want and like is our own preference. we buy car is for our own enjoyment.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:28 PM, Merc Fan said:

actually the best way to lower depreciation is to continue driving our old car. Your w212 E250 should be relatively modern...

On 3/6/2017 at 8:54 AM, darksaint said:

Guess u need to check properly and inform ur SA abt it if any issue. 

They will definitely resolve it. 

I agree. They simply use electric insulation tape to hold the wires together. In my case, day 2 already came out and I couldn't take it so diy my own cable organizer.

IMG_20170723_141444146~2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...