• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car grooming

MGA180S

Hi guys

Just checking out what is the average interval that you will send your car for polishing? Quarterly, half yearly? For the grooming services that was given free by c&c which include 1 polish & 1 nano sealant? Which do you utlise first and after how many months after car collection do you start your 1st session?

I was told it will last for a year, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm already seeing some water marks on my 1 month old car.

Guess I'll be going for my 2nd session in 6 months or less.

The coat last for a year... please remember, it is the polymer coat, NOT no water spots for 1 year. If u r expecting no water marks for a year without self maintenance... there is no brand out there in the world to meet the expectation.

May i ask did u even wash the ride after 1 month?

Mine is 3 months old and NO water mark... i wash the ride 2 or 3x per week and i m sure this is the primary reason for the difference between 1 month and 3 month old ride with the same kind of coating.

Regardless of Nano, Ceramic, Glass or whatever they called it, they are all polymer coating... and ALL still requires regular maintenance i.e. wash.

Cents worth.

Disclaimer: I m not from nor affiliated to C&C or the company that does the coating.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Did u even wash the ride after 1 month?

Mine is 3 months old and no water mark... i wash the ride 2 or 3x per week, u see the difference?

Regardless of Nano, Ceramic, Glass or whatever they called it, they are all polymer coating... and ALL still requires regular maintenance i.e. wash.

Cents worth.

I do wash my car every week, FYI. 

Maybe I'm not as hardcore as you are to do it 2 to 3x a week, but I do make it a point to wash it once a week.

Might be worth more cents (sense) to ask more before jumping to a conclusion.

I do wash my car every week, FYI.

Maybe I'm not as hardcore as you are to do it 2 to 3x a week, but I do make it a point to wash it once a week.

Might be worth more cents (sense) to ask more before jumping to a conclusion.

Apologies for jumping into conclusion.

Washing the ride once a week, should not bring about water marks, really... although i wash 2-3x per week, in the 3 months, there were weeks where i wash only once per week.

If i may ask, what u use to wash and especially what was used wipe dry your ride? It makes a difference thus i am asking.

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Apologies for jumping into conclusion.

Washing the ride once a week, should not bring about water marks, really... although i wash 2-3x per week, in the 3 months, there were weeks where i wash only once per week.

If i may ask, what u use to wash and especially what was used wipe dry your ride? It makes a difference thus i am asking.

Nothing of the unusual, really. A sponge, a normal car shampoo that I bought from a petrol station and a chamois cloth to dry the car.

My car is parked in an open carpark most of the time. I guess water marks can't be helped in this sense, but I was rather disappointed that they started appearing after only a week or two.

Nothing of the unusual, really. A sponge, a normal car shampoo that I bought from a petrol station and a chamois cloth to dry the car.

My car is parked in an open carpark most of the time. I guess water marks can't be helped in this sense, but I was rather disappointed that they started appearing after only a week or two.

After chamois to dry the car, use a microfibre cloth to wipe the entire car again, any mark left behind from the drying (even marks from few days ago) should be gone... unless it is already too late.

Basic good practise: Raise ride with water - Shampoo wash (use not wax base) with sponge - Raise away form - Chamois dry the car - microfibre cloth to wipe... to clean and maintain shine.

After chamois to dry the car, use a microfibre cloth to wipe the entire car again, any mark left behind from the drying (even marks from few days ago) should be gone... unless it is already too late.

Basic good practise: Raise ride with water - Shampoo wash (use not wax base) with sponge - Raise away form - Chamois dry the car - microfibre cloth to wipe... to clean and maintain shine.

Thanks. I'll try the microfiber cloth.

Life's too short to bother! Polishing too many times will wear out the clearcoat, and alot of mercs have worn out hood emblems probably because of that too.

I wash my car once every two months because there are more meaningful things in life to do than that.

Life's too short to bother! Polishing too many times will wear out the clearcoat, and alot of mercs have worn out hood emblems probably because of that too.

I wash my car once every two months because there are more meaningful things in life to do than that.

Hi bro, why are you reading and replying here in the first place if there are more meaningful and important issues to you? This is a car forum for car enthusiast and people are here because this is part of their interest which they find meaningful. No offence, just trying to be logical when i read your comments.

• Like 3

Sounds like the manual car wash I go to weekly may have been spoiling my car's nano sealant coat then...

Think I should do the microfiber cloth wipe down myself after the manual car wash.

We all know that the manual car wash out in the market these days are Foam wash... i really do not know the chemical/detergent/liquid they use to create the Foam... are those Phosphate-free or contain Phosphate?

Reason is because Phosphate can strip away the Sealant... without sealant it will damage the finish of a car’s clear coat.

So it would be good practise to DIY wash instead... only visit manual car wash if ride is very very dirty or worst still where ride has mud or "residue" from construction/road works. I myself only visit manual car wash under such condition otherwise it will be DIY wash

Recently I came to know of one owner who is more anal than me... if he ever goes to the car wash (ride damn dirty), he only let his ride get a water shower and jet spray water raise, no sponging, no drying... thereafter he drives home to DIY wash and dry.

• Like 1

Washing the ride has nothing to do with polishing, same goes to using microfibre cloths... they are "2 separate worlds" and opposite of each other.

I concur that owners who send their rides for frequent polishing, are just asking for it because of the pure basic differences; Polish = Remove Layer Permanently / Wax = Add Temporary Layer / Sealant = Adding time-based protective layer

Finally please let me end with this reminder - keeping one's car in tip top condition can be meaningful to some while others (like u) find that there's more meaningful things in life to do than washing own car... same can be said about what u find meaningful to do, is meaningless to others.

• Like 2

Thanks to the glass coating, i seldom have to wash since it rains so often in Singapore. =) 

But when i do wash, i use microfibre cloths to wash (with shampoo (dunno whether got conditioner) and dry. When lazy then use manual car wash but still have to dry it myself after, plus the drive home helps get rid of excess water. 

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

C&C sealant cannot make it. I'm using Revol like many bros here. Maybe switch to glass coat after package finish. :)

+1

I'm with Revol too. Tried C&C once, was terrible and quality didn't last.

• Like 1

Bro, that's what I'm planning to do after using the 2nd 'free' nano seal at C&C.

You tried already?

I hold back too since its FOC frm C&C and same as u, will switch once utilize the 2nd foc treatment.

Heard from cnc sales guy saying jz use water wash cos using detergent will remove the nano they applied...

They are correct as long as the detergent or shampoo contains Phosphate, since Phosphate "eats" away the layer of sealant regardless of brand... without sealant, worst, it "eats" away the paint's clear coat