• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

First 15000km servicing

angandy77

Hi all, just to check if anyone has went for the 1st servicing which is at 15000km?

1. How much does it cost?

2. What did they charge on the job done or parts replacement on the receipt?

3. Are you able to bring our own oil, filter, etc..for them to change for us instead using theirs?

Thanks!

Hi all, just to check if anyone has went for the 1st servicing which is at 15000km?

1. How much does it cost?

2. What did they charge on the job done or parts replacement on the receipt?

3. Are you able to bring our own oil, filter, etc..for them to change for us instead using theirs?

Thanks!

1. should be around 300plus for CNC service A for A to C class models I suppose.

2. the invoice will state all the parts charges with labour costing in it.

3. if cnc then cannot use own oil and parts.

Yah can use service credit if you have enough. A is like oil change and some check. B is with change of various filters and some check. They will also try to tell u change various wear and tear part based on the manual.

Take note that anything that cost less than 3k can be done without informing based on the sign off for servicing.

Tried mobil1 which is more expensive than shell as it comes in those small bottles. 15k is for good weather n traffic condition so did my servicing at 10+k.

No point really to save 2-3k credit as it won't last past the 30k service and most would sell their car before the 3yr warranty is over as it makes most sense monetary wise.

Any things that we have to take note of? Some say to opt out of screenwash refill and engine bay wash to save on credits. Heard can also opt for mobil1 instead of shell.

Yes, opt out of washer refill because it will cost u in the region of $12-$15 before GST... DIY refill only cost 1cent? 2cents? 3cents? Less than 10cents man.

For engine bay wash, this is very personal. I like it as clean as possible so i also ask for engine bay wash during servicing.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Yes, opt out of washer refill because it will cost u in the region of $12-$15 before GST... DIY refill only cost 1cent? 2cents? 3cents? Less than 10cents man.

For engine bay wash, this is very personal. I like it as clean as possible so i also ask for engine bay wash during servicing.

How much is the engine bay wash?

Topping up of washer refill is a basic skill most if not all drivers should know...

By the way, anyone installed the windscreen wipers that have an indicator to let drivers know when it's time to change the wipers?

Saw it on a standee at the Alexander Road C&C when I went to do the nitrogen conversion last week.

I have not sent my ride in for her 1st servicing so I don't know how much C&C charges.

I do ask for engine bay wash every time I go for servicing at AD e.g. my previous ride.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

u can telll SA to give u a ring if there is any additional stuff that need to be done outside of the normal servicing A or B package.

15000km will be package A. 30000km will be package B.

difference between package A and B is mainly

- A wont replace air filter. B will.

- A won't aircon filter. B will.

- and maybe some other additional checks.

C&C usually will also add 'fuel additives'... u can opt out too if u think it's useless.. engine bay wash can also opt out if u think it's useless..

car wash is free... can also opt out :D

u can telll SA to give u a ring if there is any additional stuff that need to be done outside of the normal servicing A or B package.

15000km will be package A. 30000km will be package B.

difference between package A and B is mainly

- A wont replace air filter. B will.

- A won't aircon filter. B will.

- and maybe some other additional checks.

C&C usually will also add 'fuel additives'... u can opt out too if u think it's useless.. engine bay wash can also opt out if u think it's useless..

car wash is free... can also opt out :D

I would take the free car wash any time.

Is it me or does anyone else feel shiok after the car is washed clean clean, and you drive it out?

Machiam like getting a nice hair cut and wash and walking out of the saloon feeling refreshed :D

• Like 2

Is recommended every service is 15,000km but you can always services it at 5,000 or 10,000.

Technically it's free with the $5,000 service credit.

Wow, how did you managed to negotiate a $5k service credit? :money:

I believe most of us A180 owners were given only $3k service credit... :sleep: