• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2016 Mercedes C-Class Coupe

darksaint

27 minutes ago, Protectthishouse said:

To the bros who just chut new rides, please post some pics for some of us who are still waiting! Would love to celebrate success for you guys!!

9 minutes ago, aysc1612 said:

Not many pics as of now cos pretty much stock ... Pretty excited for you guys as well because this is really a beauty ... 

IMG_4773.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

SWEE!!

Yes

6 minutes ago, Protectthishouse said:

@@aysc1612 Thanks, bro. Did you manage to put it center or have to put it side of the rear view mirror?

I put it on the left behind the rear mirror because i find it a eye sore elsewhere. Alignment is towards the left which is acceptable to me. Judging from my pic, you can spot the white blinker where the cam is. And  since our rear window is relatively small, i would recomment you use a smaller size rear cam :)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Roppongi said:

Just got last week. Changed to diamond grill, added original spoiler tip and fitted with new ABT 19 inch 'shoes'. 

IMG_1227.PNG

IMG_1226.PNG

Nice bro. Can advise where u add your diamond grille and spoiler tips? What's the damage?

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, aysc1612 said:

Congrats Bro on your successful COE...

Just collected my C205 last week, engine being a 1.6L felt very sluggish, comfort and sport mode takes a little getting used to, by the way anyone could recommend for piggybacks which will not void warranty?

Wonder how would the tuning affects the different modes available.

I'm surprised to learn the car is sluggish. I test drove the C class and I thought it's pretty decent. Should be same engine right?

My SE told me that the insurance is 1.5k after 50% NCD. Seems like pretty ex. My previous Audi A8 4.2L insurance is 2k. Considering the cc difference, seems like the c205 coupe is pretty ex. 

For those bro that collected cars,  how much insurance are u paying?

7 hours ago, Protectthishouse said:

@MarkSim My SE quoted me $1.8k after 50% NCD. Apparently, there is a difference between with or without AMG line, even though the car performance are the same. Plan to use the $800 discount for the 1st year to offset, then look for other Insurance plans from year 2 onward.  

Crazy expensive considering the 4.2L ride I own before is only 2k for insurance. 

25 minutes ago, MarkSim said:

Crazy expensive considering the 4.2L ride I own before is only 2k for insurance. 

Why are you surprised about the high ins premium? The moment you enter the type of car as coupe or 2 doors, regardless of the capacity (cc)...there will be automatic load to the premium. This has been the ins industry practice for the longest time. 

2 minutes ago, jtang said:

Why are you surprised about the high ins premium? The moment you enter the type of car as coupe or 2 doors, regardless of the capacity (cc)...there will be automatic load to the premium. This has been the ins industry practice for the longest time. 

Because coupe doesn't naturally means high powered. My audi 4.2 was a high powered category rated by insurers and it only cost 2k. That's why I am surprise. Even other S350L only cos $1k. 

50 minutes ago, MarkSim said:

Because coupe doesn't naturally means high powered. My audi 4.2 was a high powered category rated by insurers and it only cost 2k. That's why I am surprise. Even other S350L only cos $1k. 

Funnily enough, insurers don't seem to understand this. To them, coupe = high powered dangerous sports car.

Finally collected the coupe today.  Did a check and discover the paint work was terrible, lots of swirl marks. Roof weather strip was loose. Centre console has got a few scratches. I can say their PDI is one of the worst.

20161027_212855.jpg

20161027_212923.jpg

49 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Bro Mark, did you accept all those issues? Or how did you deal with them ?
Hope you get it resolved.. 

Asked SE to note down and arrange a day for me to send it to rectify the issues

50 minutes ago, Roppongi said:

Wow that bad? 

My paint work was ok but agree nothing too exciting to shout about. I have a friend coming my place to polish every month 

I am shock because it was like a bad polish job just happen and that was on factory sealant which is suppose to be the toughest. So can imagine how lousy polish job they must have done.