darksaint

2016 Mercedes C-Class Coupe

181 posts in this topic

SE just informed me that my Coe was successful today at $56,500. But my car was schedule to deliver til October/ Nov

Congrats Bro. Oct / Nov is very near. Before you know it, is here. 

The excitement of delivery begins. Enjoy. 

Congrats Bro on your successful COE...

Just collected my C205 last week, engine being a 1.6L felt very sluggish, comfort and sport mode takes a little getting used to, by the way anyone could recommend for piggybacks which will not void warranty?

Wonder how would the tuning affects the different modes available.

@aysc1612 I don't any piggyback potentially voids warranty as long as you remove it prior to sending your car into C&C. That's the very purpose of a piggyback - not to affect your factory ECU.

47 minutes ago, aysc1612 said:

Congrats Bro on your successful COE...

Just collected my C205 last week, engine being a 1.6L felt very sluggish, comfort and sport mode takes a little getting used to, by the way anyone could recommend for piggybacks which will not void warranty?

Wonder how would the tuning affects the different modes available.

Hi bro congrats on your new toy! Dont bother with piggyback. Just drive on sports+ 😆😆

So what's the ARF for your ride?

Congrats bros! 

My experience with my previous CLA is that the engine feels significantly more under powered during break in period than the car you test drove. FC will also tend to suffer during this period. You will see some improvements from 1500-2000 km onwards. 

But then again, may be a psychological effect. Tend to heavier on the pedal on a test drive car than your sparking new bling. 

Enjoy! Don't forget to post some pics. Still waiting for a Mar delivery.

3 minutes ago, Protectthishouse said:

Congrats bros! 

My experience with my previous CLA is that the engine feels significantly more under powered during break in period than the car you test drove. FC will also tend to suffer during this period. You will see some improvements from 1500-2000 km onwards. 

But then again, may be a psychological effect. Tend to heavier on the pedal on a test drive car than your sparking new bling. 

Enjoy! Don't forget to post some pics. Still waiting for a Mar delivery.

March?.u book the c205 too.?

Yes, because of the colour I wanted (Obsidian Black, brown interior and option for MBTex dash and upper door panels. SE trying to chut earlier if possible. 

Edited by Protectthishouse
Add a detail

1 minute ago, Protectthishouse said:

Yes, because of the colour I wanted (Obsidian Black) and option for MBTex dash and upper door panels. SE trying to chut earlier if possible. 

What's MBTEX dash and upper door panels option? Mine also obsidian black too. Schedule oct/Nov delivery

1 minute ago, Protectthishouse said:

It is the artico leather stitching on the dash and doors. Nice colour!  

Ab.jpg

Oh really nice. What was the original provided? How much is option?

The option is $1.9k. Without it will be the normal soft material. Did u get it with the AMG line? 

40 minutes ago, Protectthishouse said:

The option is $1.9k. Without it will be the normal soft material. Did u get it with the AMG line? 

My 1st booking was without amg. Delivery sept/Oct

I revised my booking to with amg and delivery was nov/Dec.  Then my SE inform me shipment has to delay til jan/Feb because of no amg production during year end. So I revert back to non amg with delivery oct/Nov. 

For those that can wait, amg is a must. My car is scrapping soon  so I can't wait so long

Yes, I agree. Moreover, it is $9k as compared to $14k in the sedan. AMG gets you bodykit, real exhaust tips, better brakes, sports suspension, flat bottom and pedals. Do you know that sedan AMG doesn't get open pore wood console and clock? :) So I agree, definitely worth it.

4 hours ago, Odessus said:

@aysc1612 I don't any piggyback potentially voids warranty as long as you remove it prior to sending your car into C&C. That's the very purpose of a piggyback - not to affect your factory ECU.

Any recommended brand suitable for this car? 

1 hour ago, Protectthishouse said:

Yes, I agree. Moreover, it is $9k as compared to $14k in the sedan. AMG gets you bodykit, real exhaust tips, better brakes, sports suspension, flat bottom and pedals. Do you know that sedan AMG doesn't get open pore wood console and clock? :) So I agree, definitely worth it.

Wow the MBtex looks great :) its weird when you actually want to buy a car of your choice (ie colour etc) but have to suck it up based on the inventory of cars that C&C brings in... 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, MarkSim said:

Hi bro congrats on your new toy! Dont bother with piggyback. Just drive on sports+ 😆😆

So what's the ARF for your ride?

ARF 43,800

Just now, aysc1612 said:

ARF 43,800

Was it about what your SE told u?

Post some pics!! 

Your ARF is based on AMG line? Not familiar with ARF when calculating depre. Do we take ARF - CEVS x 50%?

Pics pls! Yes I believe his is based on AMG line.

Half of ARF will be the minimum parf

Purchase price less parf over 10 years will be annual depreciation 

13 minutes ago, aysc1612 said:

Any recommended brand suitable for this car? 

Previously I went for our site sponsor MonsterTune. No complains there. I also sent my car in for servicing without removing the piggyback. No issues too. But again, this is on a case-by-case basis and it doesn't mean if you do the same as I did your warranty will definitely have no issues...

42 minutes ago, MarkSim said:

Was it about what your SE told u?

Haha i did not ask this question to my SE but I saw this value from my log card :) 

Quick note on the ARF after chatting with my SE:

Need to subtract $5,000 CEVS from $43,800 ARF, then take 50% from it to arrive your minimum PARF. Then you can arrive at your depreciation. 

@Protectthishouse Yes, that's correct. Which is why new cars after the introduction of CEVS rebate is difficult to derive annual depreciation in the pre-loved market. The first owner has already enjoyed this rebate...

To the bros who just chut new rides, please post some pics for some of us who are still waiting! Would love to celebrate success for you guys!!