• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New c180 owner

Tigersee

• 4 weeks later...

Just collected my C180 Avant-garde yesterday.

Too much tech, that it kinda confusing.

1) Start-stop engine at traffic lights. Its on by default (the green light is on), but i dun feel it. In fact there is a logo on the upper right corner of my instrument console that shows its disabled. When does the start-stop thingy kick in?

2) Parktronic? How do you even use it? It does not seem to work despite turning it off/on? More importantly, does it only work if i have to park into an empty space between 2 cars? 

Confused owner. Now I'm feeling doubtful if i even have it. 

Just collected my C180 Avant-garde yesterday.

Too much tech, that it kinda confusing.

1) Start-stop engine at traffic lights. Its on by default (the green light is on), but i dun feel it. In fact there is a logo on the upper right corner of my instrument console that shows its disabled. When does the start-stop thingy kick in?

2) Parktronic? How do you even use it? It does not seem to work despite turning it off/on? More importantly, does it only work if i have to park into an empty space between 2 cars?

Confused owner. Now I'm feeling doubtful if i even have it.

http://youtu.be/S5t0VA54k2Y

For park assist, when u stop the car. The car sensors will detect if got lot and display a small arrow beside P logo. Put to reverse mode and should have a menu to press ok for park assist.

For park assist, when u stop the car. The car sensors will detect if got lot and display a small arrow beside P logo. Put to reverse mode and should have a menu to press ok for park assist.

Thanks mate. But oddly i have been driving round a bit. Never once had to chance to try the start-stop function. 

Is it cos my climate control is set to only 20deg? 

Thanks mate. But oddly i have been driving round a bit. Never once had to chance to try the start-stop function.

Is it cos my climate control is set to only 20deg?

For my ride abt 5 mins drive will trigger the Eco from yellow to green status. You may need to make appt to check if still can't get it to work.

• 3 weeks later...

i was told what you see is what you will get. I did not get the touch pad. Was this considered as an extra negotiated item for you?

im really no sure.. i went to test drive and notice it didnt have the touch pad, so i ask the staff is my C180 gonna be without it, the staff told me no, it will be fitted on my ride when delivery.. 

XXVIII : 28 : Twenty-Eight

• 2 weeks later...