• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Actual FC of 2015 C180

J&E

Whether it is 8km/l or 12km/l, the difference is about $80 per month!

Remember that the wheezing 1.6 litre engine is moving a 1.5 tonne vehicle, with a turbocharger added in the under-powered C180.

To achieve 12km/l, you will have to drive with a feather-light foot. 

That defeats the joy of driving a car, any car for that matter.

Of course I am assuming you are curious to know the real-world FC against what the brochures quote?
Then be prepared to be disappointed. 

So, if FC is a concern, then buying a luxury car is a wrong choice.

By the way, fuel cost is not a large sum compared to the depreciation on your car!

• Like 2

Seen many topics and discussions on FC, is FC really that important? Environment is always changing and everyone's driving style is also different. It's impossible to make a fair comparison unless it's done in a controlled environment. Does it matter if someone else is getting worse or better FC? It's not like you can claim warranty or anything if the FC is above manufacturers specifications.

My point is after spending so much on a car, just enjoy! :D

For many they stretch as much as they could to get a merc and every cent counts.

If it's suppose to be 18km/l and it ends up to be 8km/l then that Lo and behold it cost easily $200 more per month and every cent counts.

Low fuel cost, low maintenance and no problems are also key to enjoying a car.

For many they stretch as much as they could to get a merc and every cent counts.

If it's suppose to be 18km/l and it ends up to be 8km/l then that Lo and behold it cost easily $200 more per month and every cent counts.

Low fuel cost, low maintenance and no problems are also key to enjoying a car.

Exactly my point . .  if one needs to stretch, then he/she has bought the wrong car or bought the Mercedes for the wrong reason.

Just compare the cost of insurance or servicing the car against an average economy car and the FC becomes really irrelevant.

There is a saying . .  buying the car you do not need, with money you do not have and to impress people you do not know.

• Like 1

Exactly my point . .  if one needs to stretch, then he/she has bought the wrong car or bought the Mercedes for the wrong reason.

Just compare the cost of insurance or servicing the car against an average economy car and the FC becomes really irrelevant.

There is a saying . .  buying the car you do not need, with money you do not have and to impress people you do not know.

ermmm, cost of insurance i think is fair and it is not expensive i shld say compared to avg econ ride. care to share urs?

servicing also not exp if leverage against avg econ car; do u mean usual oil change servicing package? or vehicle breakdown, parts being change comparision?

but either one, in compare to avg econ car, i think it not much diff.

FC.... ermm i not light footed guy, abt 9Litre to 100km. 18'' rim, could achieve 8litres 100km once a mth. in the sense of "that full tank"

FC also mainly concern how u travel, if travel long dis, mostly highway, FC will be good, even if u constant 100-110km/hr, of cos will be better if u are light footed at 80km/hr throughout..

i think overall.... its well acceptable, and it falls above the avg line, even if compared to a avg econ ride.

lastly, i feel that, this thread started, mainly, NOT becos TS or members wan to see how far it stretches... perhaps, some of them just jump ship from other makes, or just ditched their old ride, so maybe to find out from members whom had alrdy driven merc for yrs, to check if the FC differs way much than brochures quote.

curious.. but i thought (or at least, was given the impression) the turbo is more fuel efficient than the kompressor?

i'm driving with pretty heavy foot as well, and manage to get around 10-11km/l. went beyond 3 digit speeds at times.

once experimented before on feather foot, i could get around 15km/l, but limited myself to no more than 70kmh (very pek cek though lol)

c180 kompressor with 18" tyres, 70% hw.

Our Singapore model has the 66 litre fuel tank unlike overseas which has the standard 41 litre weight saving fuel tank..for me mostly 90% urban driving..full tank can get 570km with spirited driving and sprintbooster

Hi Telstar, that sounds decent for 90% urban driving. Have you driven long distance and what's the FC like? 

the car costs SGD200,000

i say dont worry about "fc"

As much as it seemed ironical, I too, was harboring expectation for such a highly priced (and sophistically engineered) piece of work to demonstrate better running efficiency. After all, this is a newly developed engine mated to a 7sp gear box with a lightened body.

My 8 year old ride with 170bhp on a 6 speeder runs 12.2km per liter of gas. 80% on the highway. Both cars about the same weight..

Hi Telstar, that sounds decent for 90% urban driving. Have you driven long distance and what's the FC

Not really done anything that can be considered long distance but fr a few weeks which i was driving 60% urban and 40% expressway i got about 620 to 640km on one tank

hmm...i think my FC here is the best. I usually measure after every tank I pump, my best was 15km/l and worst was 12.88km/l. A typical full tank (I squeeze until max) can get me between 950km to 1010km. 

I choose my routes carefully and try to travel expressways with light traffic as best as I can. I don't rev a lot and I do use the paddle shifters to switch gear so that I don't rev too much. 

• Like 1

Yea but the way I drive the C180 isn't how most people drive it so to each his own lah. I prefer to drive in a comfortable and relaxed mode, cruising at 80km/h

That is how i drive on weekdays but come weekends it differs.

Just like healthy eating but not missing out on "unhealthy" food so weekdays are clean, come weekends... hoohoohoo.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports