• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Daytime Running Light

Freeze

Just done up the bixeon upgrade with the led tail lamp. Also done up the AMG45 style kit. All these done by sonic racing.

Thank you very much.

w176_3243_zpst52bk3jt.jpg

• Like 1

Sonic Racing
The Performance Racing Directory
Steve 86689119 / Warren 91192171

ADDRESS: 21, TOH GUAN ROAD EAST, #05-26, TOH GUAN CENTRE. SINGAPORE 608609.

ADDRESS: 8/1 RAMKHAMHEANG SOI 125, HUAMARK, BANG KAPI, BANGKOK, THAILAND 10240.

Merc section: +66 89 030 6638

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Racing-Thailand/242605509261937

The base A180 style model comes with the base headlights and tail lights. Headlights using halogen bulbs and tail lights using normal bulbs. Quite sad to see this and it really got the cheap feeling. When driving in the day and you stop behind a vehicle, can see the pole light reflection. It's quite bright. The pole light will always on when driving the car, aka day running light. If you had gotten the headlight upgrade, it will be bi-xenon with day running LED. 

I'm looking to upgrade my ride with a complete set, but the price is still holding me back now.

yup original parts are expensive but high quality, euro keep going up, A45 head lamp and LED taillamp running out of stock, no one carry stock, we just lock in 10pairs ETA JAN2016.

Sonic Racing
The Performance Racing Directory
Steve 86689119 / Warren 91192171

ADDRESS: 21, TOH GUAN ROAD EAST, #05-26, TOH GUAN CENTRE. SINGAPORE 608609.

ADDRESS: 8/1 RAMKHAMHEANG SOI 125, HUAMARK, BANG KAPI, BANGKOK, THAILAND 10240.

Merc section: +66 89 030 6638

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Racing-Thailand/242605509261937

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2d2jeyp.jpg

Spotted this in Punggol. Facelift A180. Seems that brake light and rear parking lights are LED even on the style version.

Also this new owner probably turned the light switch to the left by mistake to switch off the lights... There's no off position it's automatic!

If you google, this rear light is not the latest for A class. The current A class on display at CNC has the latest rear light. It's much nicer.

For those bros doing upgrading of the rear light please take note. Do not get the "C" led rear light, the latest rear light is not the "C" shape led version.

2d2jeyp.jpg

Spotted this in Punggol. Facelift A180. Seems that brake light and rear parking lights are LED even on the style version.

Also this new owner probably turned the light switch to the left by mistake to switch off the lights... There's no off position it's automatic!

If you google, this rear light is not the latest for A class. The current A class on display at CNC has the latest rear light. It's much nicer.

For those bros doing upgrading of the rear light please take note. Do not get the "C" led rear light, the latest rear light is not the "C" shape led version.

Would be helpful if you posted the photo of the latest design!

This is the latest rear light. If u go to the CNC showroom the A250 AMG has this same light.

I feel this is much better looking at the "C" shape LED light.

That's the urban/sport lights. Comes with LED lights on the headlights.

Style lights (comes with halogens on the fronts) are the ones that I posted. 

• Like 1

Bro just curious you driving the FL version, if so wouldn't your rear lights be the new LED ones anyway? Why the need to change?

They have two versions of this "LED rear lights" I think the style one is quite ugly still haha the urban one is much nicer

They have two versions of this "LED rear lights" I think the style one is quite ugly still haha the urban one is much nicer

I believe it is more of a difference if it the facelifted or pre-facelifted A class, the pre-facelifted A class in the earlier batches had halogen 'C' shaped rear lamps, then it had LED 'C' shaped ones on the later which are the ones posted by the site sponsor SonicR, all the facelifted A class should come with LED rear lamp where the shape of the lights looks like a 'Y' on its side. So assuming you are driving the facelifted A class, yours should come with the Y shaped LED ones regardless of style or urban trim. 

For the headlamps of the facelifted A class, between Style and Urban, the headlamps are halogen on the style but LED on the urban. And the LED headlamps of the FL vs Pre-FL are different if you look at the light cluster within the headlamp unit. 

No offence to anyone, but I guess it doesn't make sense for a bro driving a facelifted A class to mod it to a pre-FL look, but mods are personal so just my 2 cents. :) 

I believe it is more of a difference if it the facelifted or pre-facelifted A class, the pre-facelifted A class in the earlier batches had halogen 'C' shaped rear lamps, then it had LED 'C' shaped ones on the later which are the ones posted by the site sponsor SonicR, all the facelifted A class should come with LED rear lamp where the shape of the lights looks like a 'Y' on its side. So assuming you are driving the facelifted A class, yours should come with the Y shaped LED ones regardless of style or urban trim.

For the headlamps of the facelifted A class, between Style and Urban, the headlamps are halogen on the style but LED on the urban. And the LED headlamps of the FL vs Pre-FL are different if you look at the light cluster within the headlamp unit.

No offence to anyone, but I guess it doesn't make sense for a bro driving a facelifted A class to mod it to a pre-FL look, but mods are personal so just my 2 cents. :)

Haha no leh mine doesn't come with the inverted Y headlamps. It's a new headlight for the style trim.

I have no intentions of getting a C shaped LED headlight though, like you mentioned cause it doesn't make sense.

I was looking at getting a Y shaped LED one. I think some other members did post an image of the new non Y shaped LED light previously!

• 1 month later...

Haha no leh mine doesn't come with the inverted Y headlamps. It's a new headlight for the style trim.

I have no intentions of getting a C shaped LED headlight though, like you mentioned cause it doesn't make sense.

I was looking at getting a Y shaped LED one. I think some other members did post an image of the new non Y shaped LED light previously!

took me some time to digest. interesting read. 

I think the new non Y shape is for style. Noticed it from the merc sg official website.

Anyway: An update for those who have the H15 bulb Style headlight cluster. 

My taobao blue bulbs dimmed really quickly. Have replaced them since. 

I'm now running Osram Cool Blue Intense which I bought from eBay. - https://www.osram.com/media/resource/HIRES/547825/854688/osram-cool-blue-intense-leaflet-gb.pdf

Still looks yellow, but a good colour temperature match with Osram Nightbreaker lowbeam bulbs. And hopefully because it's a proper branded, ECE approved bulb, it should last a longer time.