• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Daytime Running Light

Freeze

Hi All

I am waiting for my A Class A (Style) in Dec/Jan. In the specs sheet, it mentioned halogen headlight with daytime running light. I ask the SE and was told it is the pole light that will be lighted up. Find it ugly to have such set up. :)

Wonder if anyone here has sample to share? 

Thanks in advance.

Haha... Wonder if it is possible to turn it off. Or maybe I will change to LED bulb.... haha... At least daytime looks nicer... 

I'm just thinking to change to Philips Diamond Vision light bulbs for the white beam, but not sure if C&C will go as far as to say that warranty for the light system will be affected, when there is issue with the lights.

Not worrying about Vicom, as I can always change back to yellow bulbs for the checks.

I'm just thinking to change to Philips Diamond Vision light bulbs for the white beam, but not sure if C&C will go as far as to say that warranty for the light system will be affected, when there is issue with the lights.

Not worrying about Vicom, as I can always change back to yellow bulbs for the checks.

Peckio, your answered your own question... when there us an issue with the lights and worry of warranty issue, u can also change it back to the OEM blubs before getting C&C to check

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Style.png

Saw on brochure and for Style, the front headlight seems to have LED daylight running and not pole light.

Is this mis-interpretation? :)

Maybe the LED daylight is under "Options" while the brochure shows vehicle with "Options"... ... ... ...

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

3 yrs ago.... i believe everybody remember...

post-2137-0-56495900-1445361127_thumb.jpg

every-where.. news paper, internet... banner outside cnc, big big..

it state... "the new C class"

i tot, this is it, after yrs of halogen, they are imporving....

went down... excited...

to realise...

+$5700...

• Like 1

Peckio, your answered your own question... when there us an issue with the lights and worry of warranty issue, u can also change it back to the OEM blubs before getting C&C to check

Anyone know which model our A180 Style uses for the following?

- Pole lights

- Headlamps

- High beam

- Reverse Light

Very tempted to change to Philips Diamond Vision for the headlamps and high beam, and also white LED for the pole lights as well as those super bright white LED for the reverse light.

Small price to pay compared to changing the whole light system to aftermarket bi-xenon set and still get better than the yucky yellow stock lights :P

Hi All

I am waiting for my A Class A (Style) in Dec/Jan. In the specs sheet, it mentioned halogen headlight with daytime running light. I ask the SE and was told it is the pole light that will be lighted up. Find it ugly to have such set up. :)

Wonder if anyone here has sample to share? 

Thanks in advance.

Haha... Wonder if it is possible to turn it off. Or maybe I will change to LED bulb.... haha... At least daytime looks nicer... 

attachicon.gifStyle.png

Saw on brochure and for Style, the front headlight seems to have LED daylight running and not pole light. 

Is this mis-interpretation? :)

But that will be mis-interpretation and cheating customers. Will check with my SE.

The base A180 style model comes with the base headlights and tail lights. Headlights using halogen bulbs and tail lights using normal bulbs. Quite sad to see this and it really got the cheap feeling. When driving in the day and you stop behind a vehicle, can see the pole light reflection. It's quite bright. The pole light will always on when driving the car, aka day running light. If you had gotten the headlight upgrade, it will be bi-xenon with day running LED. 

I'm looking to upgrade my ride with a complete set, but the price is still holding me back now.

The base A180 style model comes with the base headlights and tail lights. Headlights using halogen bulbs and tail lights using normal bulbs. Quite sad to see this and it really got the cheap feeling. When driving in the day and you stop behind a vehicle, can see the pole light reflection. It's quite bright. The pole light will always on when driving the car, aka day running light. If you had gotten the headlight upgrade, it will be bi-xenon with day running LED. 

I'm looking to upgrade my ride with a complete set, but the price is still holding me back now.

I think I will change to LED bulb and see how it turn out. :)

A reasonable compromise is to get from Taobao these bluish combination DRL/highbeam H15 bulbs: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z3o.7695460.14.1.dsNedV&id=37359541622&initiative_new=1

Low beam bulbs are garden variety H7. Can find cheap Osram Nightbreaker (brighter) or Cool Blue (bluer) on eBay 

• Like 1