Freeze

Daytime Running Light

57 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am waiting for my A Class A (Style) in Dec/Jan. In the specs sheet, it mentioned halogen headlight with daytime running light. I ask the SE and was told it is the pole light that will be lighted up. Find it ugly to have such set up. :)

Wonder if anyone here has sample to share? 

Thanks in advance.

I wldnt say the DRL is ugly (subjective) but it will be obvious to others its a A180 Style from the lights ... then new car macam old car.

Anyways, not to worrry, u wont see those DRL (ugly or not) while you are behind the wheel  :thumbsu:

Haha... Wonder if it is possible to turn it off. Or maybe I will change to LED bulb.... haha... At least daytime looks nicer... 

Haha... Wonder if it is possible to turn it off. Or maybe I will change to LED bulb.... haha... At least daytime looks nicer... 

I'm just thinking to change to Philips Diamond Vision light bulbs for the white beam, but not sure if C&C will go as far as to say that warranty for the light system will be affected, when there is issue with the lights.

Not worrying about Vicom, as I can always change back to yellow bulbs for the checks.

I'm just thinking to change to Philips Diamond Vision light bulbs for the white beam, but not sure if C&C will go as far as to say that warranty for the light system will be affected, when there is issue with the lights.

Not worrying about Vicom, as I can always change back to yellow bulbs for the checks.

Peckio, your answered your own question... when there us an issue with the lights and worry of warranty issue, u can also change it back to the OEM blubs before getting C&C to check

1 person likes this

Peckio, your answered your own question... when there us an issue with the lights and worry of warranty issue, u can also change it back to the OEM blubs before getting C&C to check

post-7267-0-61030000-1445333662_thumb.png

Saw on brochure and for Style, the front headlight seems to have LED daylight running and not pole light. 

Is this mis-interpretation? :)

Might be the fl variant that has it for default but knowing cnc unlikely to give such goodies without higher cost to diff between the urban trim

But that will be mis-interpretation and cheating customers. Will check with my SE.

Style.png

Saw on brochure and for Style, the front headlight seems to have LED daylight running and not pole light.

Maybe the LED daylight is under "Options" while the brochure shows vehicle with "Options"... ... ... ...

3 yrs ago.... i believe everybody remember...

post-2137-0-56495900-1445361127_thumb.jpg

every-where.. news paper, internet... banner outside cnc, big big..

it state... "the new C class"

i tot, this is it, after yrs of halogen, they are imporving....

went down... excited...

to realise...

+$5700...

1 person likes this

Based on list price the bi-xenon is 3k so if want must do it before they build

Based on list price the bi-xenon is 3k so if want must do it before they build

agree ... if wanna change, better & cheaper to do it with them at factory

however, after order is placed, whether they will entertain is another matter

Anyone know which model our A180 Style uses for the following?

- Pole lights

- Headlamps

- High beam

- Reverse Light

Very tempted to change to Philips Diamond Vision for the headlamps and high beam, and also white LED for the pole lights as well as those super bright white LED for the reverse light.

Small price to pay compared to changing the whole light system to aftermarket bi-xenon set and still get better than the yucky yellow stock lights :P

Only the low beam is h7 and readily available. The high and pole should be h15 which is not available so you will have white and yellow light mix

Hi All

I am waiting for my A Class A (Style) in Dec/Jan. In the specs sheet, it mentioned halogen headlight with daytime running light. I ask the SE and was told it is the pole light that will be lighted up. Find it ugly to have such set up. :)

Wonder if anyone here has sample to share? 

Thanks in advance.

attachicon.gifStyle.png

But that will be mis-interpretation and cheating customers. Will check with my SE.

The base A180 style model comes with the base headlights and tail lights. Headlights using halogen bulbs and tail lights using normal bulbs. Quite sad to see this and it really got the cheap feeling. When driving in the day and you stop behind a vehicle, can see the pole light reflection. It's quite bright. The pole light will always on when driving the car, aka day running light. If you had gotten the headlight upgrade, it will be bi-xenon with day running LED. 

I'm looking to upgrade my ride with a complete set, but the price is still holding me back now.

The base A180 style model comes with the base headlights and tail lights. Headlights using halogen bulbs and tail lights using normal bulbs. Quite sad to see this and it really got the cheap feeling. When driving in the day and you stop behind a vehicle, can see the pole light reflection. It's quite bright. The pole light will always on when driving the car, aka day running light. If you had gotten the headlight upgrade, it will be bi-xenon with day running LED. 

I'm looking to upgrade my ride with a complete set, but the price is still holding me back now.

I think I will change to LED bulb and see how it turn out. :)

Check with Sonic for headlights upgrade to the LED Bixenon

1 person likes this

I think I will change to LED bulb and see how it turn out. :)

Hi, where do you intend to change to LED bulbs?

Just done up the bixeon upgrade with the led tail lamp. Also done up the AMG45 style kit. All these done by sonic racing.

2 people like this

Just done up the bixeon upgrade with the led tail lamp. Also done up the AMG45 style kit. All these done by sonic racing.

Hi,

about how much u spent? any contact person to look for?

A reasonable compromise is to get from Taobao these bluish combination DRL/highbeam H15 bulbs: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z3o.7695460.14.1.dsNedV&id=37359541622&initiative_new=1

Low beam bulbs are garden variety H7. Can find cheap Osram Nightbreaker (brighter) or Cool Blue (bluer) on eBay 

1 person likes this