• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 centre arm rest bubbling

Hi, my arm rest is showing signs of the famous armrest bubbling. Just wondering if any w211 owners have fixed the issue with any local leather upholstery shops. If so, could you please be nice and guide me to the right people to fix this problem??

Thank you very much

I was at an upholstery shop on UBI thinking of re-wrapping my steering with leather.

I did ask on the bubbling of our arm rest and was quoted $100 for repair.

But was told need to leave car overnight or they dismantle the armrest and we return the following day for installation.

Just sharing.....

• Like 1

I was at an upholstery shop on UBI thinking of re-wrapping my steering with leather.

I did ask on the bubbling of our arm rest and was quoted $100 for repair.

But was told need to leave car overnight or they dismantle the armrest and we return the following day for installation.

Just sharing.....

Great buddy,

do u happen to remember which upholstery shop? I did go to classic auto that also does upholstery but they couldn't do it as they can't dismantle my arm rest, saying my arm rest is the centre split kind and they have not done it before.

Please advise

Great buddy,

do u happen to remember which upholstery shop? I did go to classic auto that also does upholstery but they couldn't do it as they can't dismantle my arm rest, saying my arm rest is the centre split kind and they have not done it before.

Please advise

Auto Image Pte Ltd

52 Ubi Avenue 3 #04-33 Frontier S(408867)

I was quoted 5 big blue notes to replace the leather with PVC and it takes a day to complete, as the original leather cannot be pulled out and reglue back and they do not have the proper black for my vehicle its going to be off black which i wasnt very pleased with. its kinda pricey for that little material and its not even leather. 

Guess i have to look for other options.

Cheers

• Like 1

I was quoted 5 big blue notes to replace the leather with PVC and it takes a day to complete, as the original leather cannot be pulled out and reglue back and they do not have the proper black for my vehicle its going to be off black which i wasnt very pleased with. its kinda pricey for that little material and its not even leather. 

Cheers

sorry to hear this...agree price is steep for a little piece of PVC with some workmanship....

Any of you consider finding an used replacement at scrap yard Propel?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I did but their current stock of w211 doesn't have black interior

You can ask them to check on their MY side.

Sometimes they don't bother unless you know them well.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Any of you consider finding an used replacement at scrap yard Propel?

Bro, it's cheaper doing the rewrap.

They don't sell just the cover alone.

You'll be expected to buy the whole console from Propel.

Zhiwei still owe me the Grey Cover.

Ask me to wait for another Grey 1 come already then exchange.

Don't know must wait until when.

Cheers

Bro,

Do reach me @ 98560740 if you need the contacts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have solved the problem but it's done over the causeway. It looked v scary because the installer had to take a knife and slice of the old PVC. And then reglue and reinstall the new pvc. I must say that the grain on the new pvc is 99% close to the original one. Cost me less than 4 red notes thanks to the exchange rate.

Any bros who dare to drive ur car into jb and wants the address. Pm me.