• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

hello MB

benedictgoh

hello, will be collecting my new ride W205 next week, my 2nd conti, first merc, can't wait

pls don't give me so much problems like the VW

One of my friend is asking me to look out for a pre-owned Scirocco for him despite all the big hooha over the 7DSG. His reasoning was the ROC is a babe magnet and don't mind potential downtime. Can see the yearly depreciation for a ROC 1.4 only asking $11k similar to some jap bnb make

Enjoy your W205.

One of my friend is asking me to look out for a pre-owned Sirrocco for him despite all the big hooha over the 7DSG. His reasoning was the ROC is a babe magnet and don't mind potential downtime. Can see the yearly epreciation for a ROC 1.4 only asking $11k similar to some jap bnb make

hi, Benz, pls tell your friend not to make such unwise decision, the babe will probably ditch him when his car get tolled hahaha 

• Like 1

My previous ride was a white VW Scirocco 1.4

Its was a pure joy... no problems at all thankfully.... regardless of rides taking good care of the ride is essential (minus any inherent problems)....for me personally change of oil filter n engine oil every 5000km is essential to engine's good health.

My earlier ride - Toyota Picnic - which i drove for 8.5 years was so silent as compared to a 1 year old Toyota Picnic it had the Toyota mechanics at Borneo wondering if I had switched engines.

Its really important to sayang the ride.... it would sayang you back in wallet terms.

Just my personal opinion. :)

My previous ride was a white VW Scirocco 1.4

Its was a pure joy... no problems at all thankfully.... regardless of rides taking good care of the ride is essential (minus any inherent problems)....for me personally change of oil filter n engine oil every 5000km is essential to engine's good health.

My earlier ride - Toyota Picnic - which i drove for 8.5 years was so silent as compared to a 1 year old Toyota Picnic it had the Toyota mechanics at Borneo wondering if I had switched engines.

Its really important to sayang the ride.... it would sayang you back in wallet terms.

Just my personal opinion. :)

hi, i think you are really lucky, all my friends driving VW have at least gotten their cars tolled back to the garage for 2 times... 

are you doing the same for your merc as well? changing the engine every 5000km? thanks 

hi, Benz, pls tell your friend not to make such unwise decision, the babe will probably ditch him when his car get tolled hahaha

ROFL.

On serious note, if that is the case, the bitch is not worth keeping around.

Oh welcome welcome to SGMerc, with more "newbie" member, i dont feel so newbie now. LOL.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

finally got my car today, loving it :D but the smell of the new car is :startle: any idea how to get rid of the smell as soon as possible? charcoal ?

Seems like u are among the few who dislike new car smell... anyway it is toxic, lol.

Ok, back to topic and below are cheap and FOC methods, u choose

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Seems like u are among the few who dislike new car smell... anyway it is toxic, lol.

Ok, back to topic and below are cheap and FOC methods, u choose

- as u mentioned, use charcoal, in a ventilated container.

- use baking soda, in a ventilated container, to absorb the chemical odor.

- smoke out inside your ride, lol (works if u r smoker).

- use an Ionizer.

- this is FOC, leave car in hot sun with windows open approx 1 inch for couple of of hours (watch the weather forcast for rain).

Lastly congratz

yeah, i used charcoal, thirsty hippo, sharp ioniser and bake the car under the sun, (i don't smoke so no haha), it is a lot better now 

thanks 

terrible after sales service, gearbox spoilt after 6 months, windows mechanics spoilt, ABS spoilt, piston meltdown ... u name it, they have it ... now i saw the new, the got scandal too, cheating the emission test...

OMG, so many issues... only know VW has gearbox issues although i dont hear it on the Golf-RR or Scirocco-R.

terrible after sales service, gearbox spoilt after 6 months, windows mechanics spoilt, ABS spoilt, piston meltdown ... u name it, they have it ... now i saw the news, the got scandal too, cheating the emission test... 

heng... ah, I almost go with vw touran.  since MB is so near, went in and fell in love with the interior, end up with b180. SE  said nov collection. hope i make the right choice.

Congrats!

How long did you wait to collect your ride after putting the deposit?

I booked my A180 at the end of Jun and only expect to collect next week.

Heard MB stock shipment just came last Friday, after clear customs, need to be inspected by MB before the cars are dispatched to C&C for them to install the solar film, reverse cam, paint protection coating, etc.

Due to this shipment, rumour COE might shoot up as C&C will want to sell off as many ready stock as they can.

• Like 1

Congrats!

How long did you wait to collect your ride after putting the deposit?

I booked my A180 at the end of Jun and only expect to collect next week.

Heard MB stock shipment just came last Friday, after clear customs, need to be inspected by MB before the cars are dispatched to C&C for them to install the solar film, reverse cam, paint protection coating, etc.

Due to this shipment, rumour COE might shoot up as C&C will want to sell off as many ready stock as they can.

thanks, it took me about 7-8 weeks to collect my car after putting down the deposit

you can't wait to get your car right? haha