• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A180 (current Jul-Aug Specs): Does it comes with TPMS function?

chaicka

Hi,

I noticed there seems to be slight difference in specifications dependent on when A180 is purchased. Does the current July-August A180 (Style) comes with TPMS?

Pardon me if it sounds dumb. Coming from Jap car and use to having TPMS (after-market) as it did help warn me of punctured tires twice or thrice throughout the years with it.

Thanks guys. Glad to know it is default and should be part of expectation for conti.

C&C website indicate it as optional configuration, the A-class brochure also did not indicate, hence worrying it does not comes with and I have to install 3rd party again (hence better dekit before sending my ride in).

• 2 months later...

Anyone ever get all 4 tire pressures at the same reading?

I keep get approximately 20kPA lower for the front right wheel vs the other 3 wheels which are +/- 5kPA of each other, even though I just went back to Top93 to pump all 4 tires to 370kPA.

At the same time, I notice the statement 'Free Conversion to Nitrogen' on the C&C Tire Shop sticker.

Anyone changed tires outside & went back C&C to do the Nitrogen conversion before?

Anyone ever get all 4 tire pressures at the same reading?

I keep get approximately 20kPA lower for the front right wheel vs the other 3 wheels which are +/- 5kPA of each other, even though I just went back to Top93 to pump all 4 tires to 370kPA.

At the same time, I notice the statement 'Free Conversion to Nitrogen' on the C&C Tire Shop sticker.

Anyone changed tires outside & went back C&C to do the Nitrogen conversion before?

The diff is noticed immediate after air pump and travel for a while? Think might be normal due to mscp right turning often?

Think they wun check the tyre if from cnc and will just top up if you visit them. I normally top up together w tyre rotation. Ha.

The diff is noticed immediate after air pump and travel for a while? Think might be normal due to mscp right turning often?

Think they wun check the tyre if from cnc and will just top up if you visit them. I normally top up together w tyre rotation. Ha.

The thing is I swopped out my stock 17" rims with RFT to pre-owned 18" AMG rims with Michelin PS3 tires.

That's why I'm wondering why they stated free conversion to nitrogen if all stock tires are already filled up with nitrogen gas to begin with.

And the note of my tire pressures, car park at my place is open air version, and my wife's workplace is only having 1 car park level, so no 'excessive' right turns.

The tire pressures from start to after >10min driving will still show the difference.

So I wanted to check if need to calibrate the sensors after transferring to new wheels.

The thing is I swopped out my stock 17" rims with RFT to pre-owned 18" AMG rims with Michelin PS3 tires.

That's why I'm wondering why they stated free conversion to nitrogen if all stock tires are already filled up with nitrogen gas to begin with.

And the note of my tire pressures, car park at my place is open air version, and my wife's workplace is only having 1 car park level, so no 'excessive' right turns.

The tire pressures from start to after >10min driving will still show the difference.

So I wanted to check if need to calibrate the sensors after transferring to new wheels.

after change/rotate/topup of tires is recommended to do a reset on the settings.

one way is to drive in to nearest cnc centre for quick check/top up. :)

Steps to reset run flat indicator. Not sure if same as newer model w TPMS

Thanks,

That's a video for older models.

Found one for the more current models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkndPg89nw

Anyway, I managed to do nitrogen conversion and resetting of the TPMS at Alexander C&C during lunch.

The tire pressures are still 10kPa lower on both right wheels vs left wheels  :unsure:

Thanks,

That's a video for older models.

Found one for the more current models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkndPg89nw

Anyway, I managed to do nitrogen conversion and resetting of the TPMS at Alexander C&C during lunch.

The tire pressures are still 10kPa lower on both right wheels vs left wheels  :unsure:

ha. bro, your weight must have made right wheels lose air faster.

just kidding.

Hi, can I check when we take delivery of the car from C&C, are the tyres inflated with nitrogen or just normal air? Was thinking why C&C don't just pump it with nitrogen in the first place but need to do nitrogen conversion?

The stock tires from MB are RFT filled with nitrogen.

I changed my 17" stock rims & RFT to pre-owned 18" AMG rims & Michelin PS3 tires from one of the site sponsors, so I went to do the nitrogen conversion & reset of TPMS.

Hi,

Can I pump air at the petrol station if the tyres start to get deflated? Or do I have to pump nitrogen again?

If your tires are stock from C&C, you'll need to go back to C&C service centers' tire shop to pump nitrogen.

If you've changed your tires outside, then you need to check with the shop what did they pump into the tires, if normal compressed air, then you can pump at any petrol station.