• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

reverse side mirror auto tilt

Hi

Can anyone help me? recently I just got my E class. having been driving for 2mth and I am faced with this problem which irritates me quite a bit. Whenever I put to auto tilt for the side mirror, it sometimes does not return to the original position when done with reversing, like a back lash. but sometime it does and this really piss me off so I disable it since it sometime will and sometime will not. anyone face this problem before?

Please help

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did u brought it from a dealer? If yes, get them to resolve the mirror issue for u. How u disable the mirror? If u select the switch to driver side it wont tilt down. But u mention sometimes it does? Else try this, put to reverse then tilt the mirror to the angle of your perference. Then monitor again. Hopes this helps.

Last time my w203 also have this issue. Could be motor failing due to wear and tear if setting is correct.

Woah... motor failing! The mirror doesn't return to its initial setting immediately after you stop reversing and put to park. So if you turn off your engine wait awhile in position 1 for it to tilt back before u turn off and pull out your key. If you are using Keyless entry / ignition this process should be automatic. Otherwise maybe really motor failing :startle:

• 10 months later...

Woah... motor failing! The mirror doesn't return to its initial setting immediately after you stop reversing and put to park. So if you turn off your engine wait awhile in position 1 for it to tilt back before u turn off and pull out your key. If you are using Keyless entry / ignition this process should be automatic. Otherwise maybe really motor failing :startle:

my new b180 also facing same problem abeit different problem. The side mirror does tilt back but it does not return to the EXACT original position. It misses by around 1-2 cm and i have press the Memory button 1 to return the side mirror to the exact position.

Is this problem common? cant be the motor failing becos is a new car..

Hi

Can anyone help me? recently I just got my E class. having been driving for 2mth and I am faced with this problem which irritates me quite a bit. Whenever I put to auto tilt for the side mirror, it sometimes does not return to the original position when done with reversing, like a back lash. but sometime it does and this really piss me off so I disable it since it sometime will and sometime will not. anyone face this problem before?

Please help

Thanks.

ya u have the exact same problem but when I visit the workshop it never happen .. so in the end I gave up I disable the function and anyway I don't like the auto tilt too. my wife collecting her a180 style soon will check if it has the same problem too.

So far no such issue with W205. The side mirror will tilt back to the original position when the R gear is disengaged.

hi.. tilt back to the EXACT original position??

Does it miss by abit say a few mm? How to know? when u press memory button 1, the mirror will adjust abit back to the EXACT original position..

So everytime it goes back to the EXACT original position?

Thanks

hi.. tilt back to the EXACT original position??

Does it miss by abit say a few mm? How to know? when u press memory button 1, the mirror will adjust abit back to the EXACT original position..

So everytime it goes back to the EXACT original position?

Thanks

To me, it does tilt back to the original position. Also, I do not have any memory button to press. When I engaged the D or N gear, it will auto tilt back.

ya u have the exact same problem but when I visit the workshop it never happen .. so in the end I gave up I disable the function and anyway I don't like the auto tilt too. my wife collecting her a180 style soon will check if it has the same problem too.

how u disable the auto tilt bro