• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My modest mods for W205

Treestar

Hi Treestar,

May I know this is from Benzline as well? How much does it cost?

Am also curious on the centre console cost with clock, getting mine on avantgarde, considering to change.

Lastly on your rims, i believe the stock one is RFT? can i know what are you using and if you have any good contact? Thanks.

Sorry, haha, too many questions, may have missed out these ones. Need help on this. Thank you v much bros

Heard clock alone the mercedes version not the IWC one..cost $750..elebest can cut hole for you to fit clock or u can take expensive option of getting new panel with clock opening.i am currently using original amg 5 spoke rims used on the A250..to fit on our w205 need to put a H&R spacer.tyres i am using Goodyear Eagle F1Asy2 tyres..so far no complaints..not the most quiet tyres but wet road hold is good..pricing is cheaper than the michelins..got mine from southeast tyres at kaki bukit

Installed Mercedes Burmester Premium Tweeters to complete my mid bass Burmester speakers..sounds fabulous now..can hear the crisp and higher pitch sounds far better now and have that 3D sound effect..RRP is $350 for set of 2 front tweeters with wiring, connectors, harness and programming at benzline.

post-615-0-16409700-1462284312_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-47112600-1462284346_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Installed Mercedes Burmester Premium Tweeters to complete my mid bass Burmester speakers..sounds fabulous now..can hear the crisp and higher pitch sounds far better now and have that 3D sound effect..RRP is $350 for set of 2 front tweeters with wiring, connectors, harness and programming at benzline.

meaning to say , to add on to your earlier post:

About $450 fr the 4 burmester door spkrs and 1.4k for the ash wood panels with burmester silver spkr covers 

$450 + $350 + $1,400 for the entire set?

Again for this new upgrade (premium tweeters), it will not available unless we done the previous step?

Nope the tweeters can be installed on their own as long as it is a w205 c class you are talking about.of course they work best with the mid bass burmester spkrs. All the above stuff can be done separately except for the silver speaker covers which must be ordered with the door wood trim.

• Like 4

Nope the tweeters can be installed on their own as long as it is a w205 c class you are talking about.of course they work best with the mid bass burmester spkrs. All the above stuff can be done separately except for the silver speaker covers which must be ordered with the door wood trim.

I believe I am speaking for many ppl here. Really appreciate u sharing with us ur mod journey!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed my car battery at cnc after battery related message was displayed..car is 20months old..cnc said was likely caused by my car cam which has 6hr parking recording mode..funny thing is used this cam on my previous bimmer fr 2 years no issue so dont know if cnc pulling a fast one..car was overnight for 2 nights - 1 fr diagnose battery fault and second was to do battery and car electrical testing for submission of warranty claims...battery cost $520 if pay. Cnc advise me to unplug my cam when parking.

post-615-0-13839000-1464508815_thumb.jpg

Just changed my car battery at cnc after battery related message was displayed..car is 20months old..cnc said was likely caused by my car cam which has 6hr parking recording mode..funny thing is used this cam on my previous bimmer fr 2 years no issue so dont know if cnc pulling a fast one..car was overnight for 2 nights - 1 fr diagnose battery fault and second was to do battery and car electrical testing for submission of warranty claims...battery cost $520 if pay. Cnc advise me to unplug my cam when parking.

Hi,

From what you are saying, does it mean the battery is covered under warranty also? I always thought battery is considered wear and tear. Haha. Sorry if its a stupid question, never own a new car before.

Bro Jason

Replica rim is about $400 to $700 based on my experience after trade in of stock rims..fr original AMG rims, ask the shops to pm you if any new amg line owner come to trade in his stock AMG rims..price is much better than if you were to buy brand new which can be from 1k per rim.

Bro LYH..fr conti cars usu the first battery change is considered warranty claim and FOC based on terms n conditions..i have had foc battery changed under warranty fr my VW,BMW n Merc. I guess although batt is a wear n tear item, perhaps they want to change yr batt to reduce chances of poor electrical works done outside that make fr more exp warranty claims?

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

This forum has been so informative on helping me decide on the ride that I want.

So now, it's down to the C180.

Problem is, do I stick with the advanguard or go for the pricy option of the AMG line? Maybe you guys can help me out here :)

I'm definitely, going for the black open pore wood mods!

And maybe install a gps into the comand system!

Downside: oct/nov delivery

Apart from that, GLA200 and CLA200 shooting break are also part of my consideration.