• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My modest mods for W205

Treestar

Thanks for the recommendation. Mine is the avengarde.

My to-do upgrade are:

1) RIM to 18"

2) diamond grill

Yes, Rims mus upgrade.. the 17 inch look small and look too nerdy on a sports sedan.

For diamond grill, cannot fit avantgarde bumper. You need to change to amg bumper.

Also the numberplate backing ( to mount the number plate) need to change as the AMG bumper has a more sharper shape than avantgarde.

That one cost $90.

Yes, Rims mus upgrade.. the 17 inch look small and look too nerdy on a sports sedan.

For diamond grill, cannot fit avantgarde bumper. You need to change to amg bumper.

Also the numberplate backing ( to mount the number plate) need to change as the AMG bumper has a more sharper shape than avantgarde.

That one cost $90.

Alamak, like that have to think twice..thanks for your info!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi 1st Gear bro

From what i understand from the staff at benzline, the burmester spk covers must be ordered as part of the door panel and cannot be ordered separately..for the centre console i should think so that you can order without the clock..jus need to specify that yrs is avant garde non AMG without clock insert. If you need the contacts, can PM me.

Hi Treestar, I am keen to replace the piano black centre console with the black open pore ashwood with clock. May I know who to speak to ie your contact at benzline? Many thanks!

Hi Treestar, I am keen to replace the piano black centre console with the black open pore ashwood with clock. May I know who to speak to ie your contact at benzline? Many thanks!

I just saw your earlier posts ie your contact is Jeff at benzline. Sorry for the bother.

Installed a Schaetz Tuning Germany Footrest over the stock carpet footrest.

Held down by 4 screws.

Hi Treestar,

May I know this is from Benzline as well? How much does it cost?

Am also curious on the centre console cost with clock, getting mine on avantgarde, considering to change.

Lastly on your rims, i believe the stock one is RFT? can i know what are you using and if you have any good contact? Thanks.

To add on, this will be my first merc car, so have a few newbie questions:

If change to a larger rim (for eg. 16" to 17"), will it affect the turning (in terms of maximum turning of the steering wheel), will it damage the inner body? (bad phrasing haha)

If change to a larger rim (for eg. 16" to 17"), will it affect the turning (in terms of maximum turning of the steering wheel), will it damage the inner body? (bad phrasing haha)

16 to 17 should not be much diff in terms of handling. Unless 2 size up?

Should not do any harm to the car as long u are getting the correct specs rims according to the car.

The tyre workshop should be able to advise ya. :)

• Like 1

For your read:

1) Info to upsizing or downsizing: http://tires.about.com/od/understanding_tires/a/Plus-And-Minus-Sizing.htm

2) Calculator to find correct up/down sizing fit: http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/

Cheers

• Like 3

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Hi Treestar,

May I know this is from Benzline as well? How much does it cost?

Am also curious on the centre console cost with clock, getting mine on avantgarde, considering to change.

Lastly on your rims, i believe the stock one is RFT? can i know what are you using and if you have any good contact? Thanks.

Thanks all bro to answering my questions, another question today to enquire, is 

Mechanic roller sun blind left/right rear doors

1,000.00 SGD

Option worthwhile to get or bros got any other option? Thank you.

I wont even consider installing any mechanical roller blinds in vehicle.

Get those custom fit shades instead.

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Thanks all bro to answering my questions, another question today to enquire, is 

Mechanic roller sun blind left/right rear doors

1,000.00 SGD

Option worthwhile to get or bros got any other option? Thank you.

Hi Jason

Sorry fr the late reply as have been busy with work..thks to bros who answered on my behalf...yes hope you have contacted jeff about your mod inquiry..helpful guy..fr yr question on motorised blind..are you doing at cnc or outside aftermkt? That is something i am considering in future..currently i know elebest can do it fr our w205 rear door window manual blinds and electric rear windscreen roller blind..the shades that are a popular option such as those by groovy shades unfortunately fr w205 are not magnetically attached as our door is not so naked with metal parts to attach the magnet based shades..alternative is stick shades with 3M stickers but i dont like that you cant remove it when needed so gave up on shades proposal.