• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My modest mods for W205

Treestar

Bro, won't the installation of the burmester void the warranty ?

Hi John

Yes it will definitely void warranty of the door speakers but the stock speakers about $20 cost each with black plastic casing are nothing critical or something to value so much as to want to claim warranty for them..there was no splicing or cutting of wires..the burmester is original mercedes equipment designed specifically for our w205 plug and play..but it is individual decision...to me warranty is essential for the critical and expensive systems of the car such as engine, gearbox, suspension, exhausts which i leave stock for warranty purpose...cnc earns from warranty claims from Mercedes Germany and it is unlikely they void the whole car warranty.. they usu void warranty based on specific individual items from previous experience.

Bro any idea if there is similar speakers n speaker covers that fit W204?

Tks

Hi bro

I believe there is aftermkt speakers that could with some modification to the internal bracket fit but speaker cover i am not so certain since there is no standard size for speaker covers...you probably need to modify the speaker cover housing to fit aftermkt speaker covers most likely...that is why for external speakers i chose the burmester...to retain the oem look..tweeters i may order aftermkt since these r relatively small n can be hidden behind the original spk covers.

Do you plan to change to chrome paddle shifters?

Hi bro...currently no...leaving it to future decision when my stock steering older and i may consider changing to amg steering which comes with the chrome paddle shift...but it wld be a major cost project which i would likely do after warranty period since the avantgarde steering airbag does not fit the amg steering airbag housing so need to order new airbag specifically fr the amg steering..i know that brabus has huge race silver paddles for our car but feel is abit too beng for w205...lol

Hi bro...currently no...leaving it to future decision when my stock steering older and i may consider changing to amg steering which comes with the chrome paddle shift...but it wld be a major cost project which i would likely do after warranty period since the avantgarde steering airbag does not fit the amg steering airbag housing so need to order new airbag specifically fr the amg steering..i know that brabus has huge race silver paddles for our car but feel is abit too beng for w205...lol

Thank for the reply Bliss

Other than the burmester, will the other changes void warranties also ?

Hi John

Prob will...for aesthetics mod like spoiler wont affect warranty but for steering mod..probably yes but for me these are things worse case i can change outside without severe costs...but if you wan to mod must be prepared mentally to void specific warranties. So long as dont touch critical parts of car...essential warranty should be secured

• Like 1

Installed BMW Advanced Eye Camera front and back...used in my previous ride and found it reliable with ease of use...i like the large TFT touchscreen LCD that allows simultaneous viewing of front and rear image..front camera is 1080HD and 760HD rear...there is a events folder that the camera automatically stores for ease of reference and playback..memory is stored in a micro SD card. Camera has park mode where it records 6hrs before shutting off to prevent battery drainage. A blue LED light on camera flashes to warn anything coming near..i particularly like the ease of formating the SD card at the touch of the screen when prompted. $680 with install at elebest.

post-615-0-37462500-1439015791_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-53737200-1439015808_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-54494100-1439015865_thumb.jpg

From what i read basically the burmester audio setup has 13 speakers and 1 amp plus software coding...the only special thing is that you pay for the merc and burmester manhours supposedly spent on tuning the audio system to the acoustics of the cabin to get that 3D effect. Definitely you can install..just need to fork out the 3k plus for it...you can enquire with elebest about it or bring in the system yrself.i attached the part numbers for your reference if you are keen on it.

post-615-0-27459700-1439368556_thumb.png

Thanks for the info. I understand from the merc website that the standard setup has 8 speakers? So u changed all 8?

Nope i only changed the mids speakers on the 4 doors..to me sound quality is good enough and i also did it for the aesthetics...at most i will add 4 focal tweeters to fit in the dummy empty tweeter housings..found a modder who did this in his W205 as focal tweeters can do a better job than the burmester...

installing dashcam will void warranty?

If you never wire the camera AC supply to car fuse box and wire the camera internally through the rear view mirror housing then will not void but if you do any or both of the above...yes they will void if they want to be anal about it..they will void warranty fr your rear view mirror and fuse box electronics if they want to...you can just install and wire the camera to the cig lighter if you worried but is unsightly as messy wires exposed and dangling

• Like 1

What are the Chinese words to search for those amg covers?

I like your mods BTW

Tks bro..look for door catch cover, 门扣盖

Alternatively you can msg forummer by the name of

Slowpoke....he may have a extra set of these which he ordered last time n he is selling

attachicon.gif2015-08-04 20.30.59.jpgattachicon.gif2015-08-04 20.34.11.jpg

Installed Burmester mid range speakers and open pore black ash wood door panels on my W205 c class. Add a luxurious touch.

Hi Treestar, is it possible to just buy the Burmester aluminium speaker covers without buying the ash black door panels?  Also, wld you know if the black ash centre console is available without the AMG clock (i.e. can do a direct swap with C&C's C180 avantgarde non AMG)?