• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My modest mods for W205

Treestar

But won't that get your warranty for Audio 20 voided?

I've not encountered anyone who has experience faulty infotainment system. Even C&C doesn't do the GPS installation themselves, it's subbed to Tomo. If you choose to install at a third party workshop, you won't be the first. Anyway, as the saying goes, scared don't mod, mod don't scared. Same goes for installing reverse camera. Personally, it's up to you to judge if the savings is worth it.

When it comes to warranty, your SE will always tell you that it'll be void if you do anything to your car. Obviously, they'll want to protect themselves. FYI, I've claimed engine fault warranty with a piggyback installed and aftermarket exhaust. End of the day, it's how you fight for your rights. I'm also not the only one who has managed to claim warranty after mods. Relationship with Service Advisor (SA) is more important than the relationship with your Sales Executive (SE) after you've collected your keys. SA are the ones who takes care of your car, they have a much better knowledge regarding warranties and how to deal with car issues.

FYI, locally fitted GPS is much cheaper even if done by third party very reputable workshops. You can retrofit the Mercedes original navi system aka Comand System for $2k+. Comes with bigger screen, DVD player, HDD to store your music, voice commands, directional instructions shown in the instrument cluster, Internet connectivity, etc. Factory fitted Comand System will set you back $10k.

Hi marckwq,

can you let me know which place does the command system for 2k + ? last i checked, it wasn't really in the 2k range.

Hi marckwq,

can you let me know which place does the command system for 2k + ? last i checked, it wasn't really in the 2k range.

I paid slightly below $3k for my Comand Online NTG4.5, which makes C&C charging $2k for the aftermarket GPS IMHO a ripoff. Few hundreds difference in price and you get the original navigation system, furthermore comparing to factory indent price of $10k for Comand really makes retrofitting it a real bargain.

You can consult with Camber53, ricric_lo, or EleBest.

Did my diamondbrite treatment with EA detailing..no need to say much..can see the results fr a close to 2 yr old car..good thing to note is they use child safe product to sanitise and clean aircon ducts and interior plus kill roaches in yr car for you..i also like that they have a car service to fetch you to yr destination after drop off yr car n pick u up to collect yr car when ready.

post-615-0-56378500-1467285977_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-93690400-1467285995_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Did my diamondbrite treatment with EA detailing..no need to say much..can see the results fr a close to 2 yr old car..good thing to note is they use child safe product to sanitise and clean aircon ducts and interior plus kill roaches in yr car for you..i also like that they have a car service to fetch you to yr destination after drop off yr car n pick u up to collect yr car when ready.

What is the damage like at EA Detailing? How long is the downtime and do you have to book way in advance? 

Thank you.

What is the damage like at EA Detailing? How long is the downtime and do you have to book way in advance? 

Thank you.

Hi bro

You can search their facebook EA detailer for promos..think they having one now on diamondbrite $688..you can work out a cheaper or more expensive package with them dep on yr needs and budget..send in car at 9.30am collect car at 4pm

• Like 1

Wahh, looking damn good ah bro! Make me very itchy for my car to come! So many more months!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Non original body kits will actually cost cheaper to retrofit.

And since when AMG line exhaust got vroom vroom sound? Placebo effect? Lol

Mark,

As i mentioned in earlier thread, AMG line for W205 stock exhaust will have a different sound output compared with Avantgarde and Exclusive stock exhausts.

I've test driven the 3 versions.

Once on Sport+ mode, the AMG line will have a different sound output... next time can taxi drive my car if you dont believe :-)

• Like 1

Ouch, my eyes!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

May I know where to buy the front mid and front tweeter. And the price. Thank you.

Installed the Burmester Gmbh mid range speakers...compared to the stock speakers...able to play at higher volumes without the music sounding like it's crashing..sound is more crisp at higher volume and can handle higher bass limits than the stock...don't expect a miraculous change in sound though...it is just a byte better than stock..but you get nice aesthetics in the brushed aluminium speaker covers..thinking of adding aftermkt tweeters as the tweeter housing in our w205 are dummies...

2nd photo shows stock speaker(top) vs burmester(bottom)

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2016 at 11:30 PM, is250c said:

Hi,

May I know where to buy the front mid and front tweeter. And the price. Thank you.

Sorry for very late reply...front mid and front tweeter can be ordered at any mercedes stockist. You just need to get the item number based on web search and give your VIN number. i got mine at benzline with install. Note that the front mid tweeters do not come with the burmester speaker covers. You have to order that separately together with the door panels as i understand it comes paired with the panels. Alternatively you can stick with the stock black covers or buy a replica burmester cover from taobao which is stick on

Installed the Easy Pack Boot box which is essentially a collapsible plastic framed boot tray and can be opened up or closed whenever you need it. When not in use, the box can be folded up at the touch of a button. Capacity is up to 55litres with max loading of 10kg, You can order from any mercedes stockist and quote item number A2056800010. Paid about $331 including GST and can self install within 5 minutes as the mounting holes are already existing in our w205 boot, Just plug in and lock the locking mount lever and it's installed. CnC is selling about $590 .

20161109_083853.jpg

20161109_083900.jpg

20161109_083837.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great to come across this forum with such an interesting topics here. Am gonna get my W205 soon.

i just wonder if any pal here come across any shop selling door handle storage box for RHD ? China is selling only LHD version. It's not mirror so can't use on our car here.

IMG_2814.JPG

6 minutes ago, RCC said:

Great to come across this forum with such an interesting topics here. Am gonna get my W205 soon.

i just wonder if any pal here come across any shop selling door handle storage box for RHD ? China is selling only LHD version. It's not mirror so can't use on our car here.

IMG_2814.JPG

Congrats on your new car.

I've also been looking for it for a long time, but to no avail.... :(

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DL268 said:

Hi Treestar, may I know where you get the easy-pack boot box? anybody install sport/diamond grill on W205? how much it cost?

I'm new to Mercedes, just got my car last week, can list down a few mercedes stockist?

Many thanks!

Congrats to ur new ride. 

For grill u may check with sonic racing or Benzline. 

Stocklist there is min Hoe / auto pas / golden link

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 10:02 AM, Treestar said:

AMG chrome plated door pins...honestly find that mercedes should have given better than the stock door pins made of cheap plastic covers...about $100 plus..from benzline.

post-615-0-75481800-1438826504_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Just finished "converting" to Nightish Edition

1. Black Gloss Diamond Grille

2. Side Mirror Cap Black

3. AMG Front Splitter Spoiler

4. AMG Side Skirts

5. AMG Rear Diffuser

6. AMG Side Flics

7. C43 Black Quad Tips

8. Matt Black Mercedes Wheel Cap (Non AMG)

9. Front Mercedes Black Badge (Non AMG)

10. Door Panels Gloss Black

11. Multispoke Rims Matt Black

Greatly reduces the chrome factor and complements my Pano Roof, Wanted to share with you guys ...  :)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

20171228_093526.jpg

• Like 2