• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 FL - ECO start/stop rattling

Codered

Just check if it's normal for the car to vibrate (significantly) while restarting during the Eco mode (ie engine restart when car engine shut at traffic lights at Eco mode). Of course vibration is very subjective here. To me the vibration is far more obvious comparing to new. Usually the passengers won't notice the restart but nowadays it became very obvious. Mine is 2.5 years old. Is it normal? Or could it be mounting, pulley system/belt, or other obvious wear and tear.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always think this ECO start/stop feature is a redundant thing to have on our roads. Very irritating especially if you are stuck in a traffic jam which happen so often here.

Also, will this constant start/stop thing wears off something else like mounting, crank shaft etc faster. Yes, we may save some money on petrol but we may have to change other things more frequently which is hurting our pocket and environment too.

Well, this feature is good to reduce carbon emission and car manufacturers are moving towards this direction. It's good intention and I don't mind though I agree at times quite irritating, especially noon time and just leaving the open air car park and engine get cut off at traffic junction

• 2 months later...

Guys,

My ECO function doesn't seem to work anymore even the green light is on. Never bother as I always turn it off in the past but lately realize it never kill my engine when stop.

You guys face the same problem as me?

My W204 FL will be out of warranty in Jan (3yr) not sure if I should go back to C&C to have it fix.

check the auxiliary battery?

Guys,
My ECO function doesn't seem to work anymore even the green light is on. Never bother as I always turn it off in the past but lately realize it never kill my engine when stop.
You guys face the same problem as me?
My W204 FL will be out of warranty in Jan (3yr) not sure if I should go back to C&C to have it fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Any bro here can advise what is the damage to replace engine mount?

Is it a must to replace engine mount and gb mount together?

My car is 85k nw going 3 yrs.

It's not so expensive to change your engine mounts and gear box mount. Parts at about 345, labour about 100 plus if u do it outside. It makes a whole lot of difference to your car. A must do thingy..