• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Eco Start-Stop timing in your CLA

cruize

Temperatures do have a factor but it is cabin temperature, the system do not want you to be too hot. As Eco shut the air con into fan mode.

for mine... the engine starts only when i release the brake . can learn to control braking hardness (so engine will not shutdown when u know u will be moving off soon). i dont understand why it has anything to do with temp...

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Sent in the car last Thur, had to leave it overnight as they claimed they needed to run full suite of tests and also charge up the Eco battery fully to investigate.

Also did a trial on the test drive car and found out that the Eco stop timing duration is also around 25 secs (4pm drive, ambient temp 31.5degC). C&C claims this is within specs and normal.

Service advisor sent a msg the following day at noon saying they have to do an adaptation to the Eco mode software and they already found the issue.

Collected car at 6pm, servicing report says they have improved the Eco timing from 20-25 sec to 30 sec (?!).

Discovered that Eco mode doesn't even engage whole evening and worst still, rear proximity sensors were not working (bars on display didn't show).

Wanted to complain the next morning but strangely, the ECo mode and sensors decided to come back to life after a night of rest.

Conclusion: LPPL, no discernible difference to Eco stop timing. Total waste of time.

Eco stop can't even last a traffic lights change.

Eco mode should be turned off from the start. Fully agree

I learnt from C&C service advisor the previous batches allowed one to keep the mode off:

Turn the key, wait >5 secs then start the engine ---> Eco mode stays off during the drive.

But it doesn't work for the latest batches now.

Just curious, isn't there a separate on/off button for this start/stop thingy?
Mine has (not CLA thgh), so when switched to off and in Eco mode, the engine does not shut even if I leave it on idling.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Just curious, isn't there a separate on/off button for this start/stop thingy?

Mine has (not CLA thgh), so when switched to off and in Eco mode, the engine does not shut even if I leave it on idling.

There is, we just don't like having to disable it manually when the function is IMHO useless.

think Sat's paper has an article on stop /stop feature & apparently estimated to have around 6% (iirc) savings.

There's another way of improving FC without using the start/stop function.

Applies to expressway and city driving except during heavy traffic or jam. Always drive at auto cruise mode.

Since can set to cruise control at speeds >30kmph, set it at your desired speed and drive... click down in quick succession (reduce by 1kmph per tap) or single hard click (reduce to nearest 10th) to reduce speed. For this we have to be very attention and super quick to change the cruise control speed. Clicking up to go faster is alot easier over reducing speed.

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

• 1 month later...

Hi all, got my A180 last sun. I also has this problem the eco start/stop cant even last a full traffic stop. Initially i thought is my car battery got prob, but after reading here, seemed like everyone facing the same prob. I remembered driving my company Fiat panel van, it has this function too but it restart the engine only after i release the brake or press the accelator.

Same for my A180, restarts approximately 15sec after stopping at traffic lights.

OT a bit, any one has a good service advisor to recommend?

Need them to address not just the auto start/stop issue, but also other things like the many bubbles under the solar film and the intermittent left side view mirroring not tilting when in reverse gear...

So much for paying more for the '3-legged star'  :sleep:

So much for paying more for the '3-legged star' :sleep:

The truth behind '3-legged star' is - start work at 8, lunch at 12 and offwork at 5.

• Like 3

There is, we just don't like having to disable it manually when the function is IMHO useless.

Very true for a City state or city driving. However considering big countries with autobath and long stretches of road, it is in fact very useful.

Too bad SG is just a tiny dot not visible on a world map.

As an aside, am curious about this product (for use by charging batt at home), anyone use this before?

http://smartercharger.com/

http://www.ctek.com/int/en/chargers/CT5%20START%20STOP

Almost one year anniversary for my ride now, and usually battery lasts about that time? Hence my research into this. 

• Like 1

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

As an aside, am curious about this product (for use by charging batt at home), anyone use this before?

http://smartercharger.com/

http://www.ctek.com/int/en/chargers/CT5%20START%20STOP

Almost one year anniversary for my ride now, and usually battery lasts about that time? Hence my research into this.

Changed mine after about 1yr 9mths

Symptom is Eco green mode seems to be not working anymore.

air con set at 24C, fan speed 1. eco/start stop stays in till my foot leaves the brake.timed it for 4 times, averaging 1.5mins.

there is an auxillary battery located at the foot well of the passenger side which powers the car electrical system when eco mode is active.

lift up the passenger side carpet and you will see a battery pack with red wires.