• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Will install of speakers, amp & woofers void my warranty for new car?

Hi Friends

Just pop by Autobacs (Bukit Batok) ICE showroom, one of the guys told me, better check cos if put wire / open up the side door to install the new speakers will void your Mercs warranty for new car.

Is that true? can any bro confirm?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever mod u do will void warranty. Install these will void your audio warranty and eletronic warranty . Must check with the mod gurus here

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Whatever mod u do will void warranty. Install these will void your audio warranty and eletronic warranty . Must check with the mod gurus here

wow, so serious ar ... even if just change speaker? 

wait for the mod gurus to comment then ...

how long is the C&C warranty then? - then wait till finish then install ?

C&C warranty should be 3 years. But if service credit used up. Can go service outside.

If u ask C&C. Any change is void warranty.

My experience is as not the faulty part not due to your mod. They will close one eye.

As the seniors here say.

Mod dun scare. Scare dun mod. LOL.

• 8 months later...

Hi bros, just a side step from the orignal contents of this thread. Have any bros here experience the depletion of yr battery life after installing upmarket speakers/amp or car cam? Experienced this morning, my car (5 mths old only), couldnt start, activated the 24hr mobile service which he did a jump start and i got it send to C&C now. Still diagnosing what the actual fault. Asked around some friends, some say could be the car cam( i using the iRoad), some says could be the Amp/speakers. 

Any feedback? Thanks:)

I have 3 cameras installed in my car. It drained my batteries once when I travelled away for two weeks.

Hi bros, just a side step from the orignal contents of this thread. Have any bros here experience the depletion of yr battery life after installing upmarket speakers/amp or car cam? Experienced this morning, my car (5 mths old only), couldnt start, activated the 24hr mobile service which he did a jump start and i got it send to C&C now. Still diagnosing what the actual fault. Asked around some friends, some say could be the car cam( i using the iRoad), some says could be the Amp/speakers.

Does your car cam come with the power saver module?

It may help prevent over drain the car battery when in parked mode.

Is this normal? Or did the mechanic connected a wrong cable?

I have Power Magic installed in my car. I set the volt to a lower setting, suitable if the car is started daily. Unfortunately, I didn't adjust the settings back up to a higher volt when I travel. Furthermore my battery was already weak at that time so took the opportunity to upgrade it to a higher capacity battery.

In any case, obviously when there is more drain and stress on the battery, it will wear out faster. The battery will only last a certain amount of cycles. Don't expect to overload the battery and still want it to last as long. If C&C deems that you have overloaded the battery due to your upgraded amps, speakers or cameras, there's a highly definite chance you won't be able to claim warranty on your battery, or any electrical component in future.

Did you install extra battery pack for the iRoad?

If yes check with the installer there's a switch in the iRoad system that user have to switch to, else it will drain the main battery and not the spare battery.

Once the correct switch is selected it will auto cut off the spare battery pack once it reach the min. set point.

If yes check with the installer there's a switch in the iRoad system that user have to switch to, else it will drain the main battery and not the spare battery.

Once the correct switch is selected it will auto cut off the spare battery pack once it reach the min. set point.

Paiseh didn't read the latest post, old bird already point out the possible reasons  : )

Does your car cam come with the power saver module?

It may help prevent over drain the car battery when in parked mode.

@darksaint; yes it does;)

I have Power Magic installed in my car. I set the volt to a lower setting, suitable if the car is started daily. Unfortunately, I didn't adjust the settings back up to a higher volt when I travel. Furthermore my battery was already weak at that time so took the opportunity to upgrade it to a higher capacity battery.

In any case, obviously when there is more drain and stress on the battery, it will wear out faster. The battery will only last a certain amount of cycles. Don't expect to overload the battery and still want it to last as long. If C&C deems that you have overloaded the battery due to your upgraded amps, speakers or cameras, there's a highly definite chance you won't be able to claim warranty on your battery, or any electrical component in future.

ok apparently, C&C claimed that there isnt any leakage in any cable on their part. They suspect it could be the Amp/Sub im using current, draw exceeds the current output of the factory fitted battery pack. C&C have now recharged the battery for free. I guess i have to go back to my Amp installer to check on the watts of the Amp;p

Thanks for the feedback guys:)