• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-Class Reverse Camera Guide Lines

brownie

Update to share on how I finally managed to get the configuration menu. A180 collected early Nov (though it was ready for collection at last few days of Oct).

• Engine started
  • Hand Brake disengaged/released
  • Gear shifted to Reverse
  • Foot Brake engaged/stepped on
  • Reverse View displayed on the screen
  • Press and Hold [C] button (right side of dial knob) for 5-10 seconds
  • Configuration Menu displayed on the screen
  • Scroll to 'Parking' section of the configuration menu
  • Select <On> in the section and Press the button on the Dial Knob
  • Select the [back] button (left side of dial knob) until exit the configuration menu
  • Parking guidelines should now display on the screen

Note: Some of the steps may not be exactly necessary/essential but after trying many different combinations for few days, this is what finally worked for mine. I am pretty sure I have tried press and hold both the [back] button or the [C] button for >5 seconds in previous attempts and it did not work. Oh, the configuration menu will disappear if there is no action for a short few seconds. I did had to go through the steps to get to configuration menu again cause I spent too long reading what is displayed in the configuration menu (a lot of sections and settings which I will explore another day).

Hope this helps others too.

• Like 3

:startle:

Thanks alot for the step by step instructions! I managed to activate it in 5 mins.

Although now with the lines looks confusing... lol

You get used to it, and for our A180, you can go till the red lines and you still won't hear any beeping warning sounds.

But this depends on how they install your reverse cam, so don't blame me if your car's backside kisses something when it reaches the red lines 

Thanks alot for the step by step instructions! I managed to activate it in 5 mins.

Although now with the lines looks confusing... lol

There are several other settings, mainly the vertical and horizontal under 'Parking' section, to adjust the alignment. As Peckio shared, it all depends on the installation and since it is local done, it is not a good job. Mine had to adjust quite a fair bit on the horizontal settings to get it properly center-aligned between the guidelines and the actual car's center. Similarly for the vertical, mine had to adjust almost to the max setting to be close to reality of bumper end/safe zone.

In short, the local fitted camera is not specifically designed for A180, hence the angle of tilt, angle of vision, etc are not optimal for A180.