• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-Class Reverse Camera Guide Lines

brownie

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know how to turn 'On' the guidelines to the reverse camera feature?

This is assuming that A-class has the function.

I have seen Audio 20 providing the function.

The manual states there is but the setting is not available in the Audio 20 system.

Anyone able to help or comment, please?

Reverse cam is MB factory fitted or locally retrofitted ?

I was told be SE thet only the factory fitted ones have guidelines.

you may consult our site sponsor Elebest which I believe they can program this for you.

thanks for helping.

I think it was locally fitted by C&C.

Anyway to tell?

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know how to turn 'On' the guidelines to the reverse camera feature?

This is assuming that A-class has the function.

I have seen Audio 20 providing the function.

The manual states there is but the setting is not available in the Audio 20 system.

Anyone able to help or comment, please?

works for CLA.

when in reserve mode press and hold the back or c button near the jog dial to activate the settings mode.           

you can set the parking guidelines to on.

do note that it is static lines and not the active dynamic parking guidelines. 

works for CLA.

when in reserve mode press and hold the back or c button near the jog dial to activate the settings mode.           

you can set the parking guidelines to on.

do note that it is static lines and not the active dynamic parking guidelines. 

Thank you! will try & hope it works!

• 3 weeks later...

A class from c & c does not have factory fitted reverse camera as they are too cheepo. So c and c install locally therefore no trajectory lines.

It's rubbish the way c and c orders their cars. All for the goal of a fat profit margin.

Imagine fake leather seats in a c class in w204. Would be unheard of.

Now, my se comment rubbish like... In her experience, no one buying the new c180 has asked for leather seats.

• 1 month later...

A class from c & c does not have factory fitted reverse camera as they are too cheepo. So c and c install locally therefore no trajectory lines.

It's rubbish the way c and c orders their cars. All for the goal of a fat profit margin.

Imagine fake leather seats in a c class in w204. Would be unheard of.

Now, my se comment rubbish like... In her experience, no one buying the new c180 has asked for leather seats.

yea that sux...

event.png

• 4 weeks later...

My bad, just realised I had to press the 'C' button next to the Command dial and not the back button on the steering wheel control.

Managed to activate the static lines, which I'm quite used to from my previous rides.

Thanks Darksaint!

My bad, just realised I had to press the 'C' button next to the Command dial and not the back button on the steering wheel control.

Managed to activate the static lines, which I'm quite used to from my previous rides.

Thanks Darksaint!

You r welcome. I go the info from one bro here also. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Darksaint!

Hi hi, meaning the static lines is available on the locally fitted camera for the a class. I tried pressing and holding on the clear button next to the command dial when in reverse mode but could not access activation menu.

Hi hi, meaning the static lines is available on the locally fitted camera for the a class. I tried pressing and holding on the clear button next to the command dial when in reverse mode but could not access activation menu.

Yes it's possible.

But press the 'Back' button not the 'C' button, which was my initial mistake as well.

Be careful on what you click in the menu. You could end up disabling the entire reverse camera system, which has happened to our members before. Only way to resolve is to replace the system.

I tried on mine. it worked. 

I pressed the "c" button. After a while, a menu will pop up on the screen and you can change the settings. But it's quite a technical menu.

Would you mind to share the steps?

I tried on A180 (collected Oct 2015) which came with Audio 6 system, none of the button works when in reverse.

Would you mind to share the steps?

I tried on A180 (collected Oct 2015) which came with Audio 6 system, none of the button works when in reverse.

Yeah, sure. But I'm in BKK now, so I can only share the steps when I get back.

I remember I had to hold the "c" button for quite a while before the menu came up.