• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Poor Radio Reception

NERO_CLA

Hi,

I have received my CLA for about a month and it seems like the quality of radio is really bad. When moving along open roads my radio cannot receive properly ie. Alot being cut off/static. Anyone having the same issues and any advice what to do?

I sent my car to ubi service center where they took an entire day to try to rectify but the radio is still bad. They say it could be due to the reverse camera that is installed for the car that is causing the issue and asked me to liaise with the vendor directly.

Would greatly appreciate if some experienced members can give me some advice to my problem. Thank you.

I was about share the same problem, reception was poor, intermittent on/off especially for class 95 n Gold 90.5. Worst when entering mscp.... My previous ride never have such problem before. But strangely reception become slightly better when drive into certain estate. Quite irritating when u r listening to some traffic news or nice songs.

Hi all, 

I am driving the A class but also having the same problem. Brought the car down to Panda for them to have a look. Drove one round around Panda Reservoir but surprisingly no issue with the radio then. Anyhow, car was sent in for them to do a test and they showed me a stack of paper detailing the results of the test and said that there was nothing wrong with the signal. 

The head mechanic attributed this issue to the car cams that C&C had installed for me, stating that the wiring from the rear cam to the front may have caused interference with the radio.

• 2 weeks later...

think through car vin number check can verify.

2015 CLA have a bigger display screen and diff steering design if not wrong.

oic! thanks.

i did some research that the headunit is different too:

• Introduction of new headunit (NTG5*1) with standard iPod interface, Pre-Wiring for Garmin® MAP PILOT, and a display screen upgraded from 5.8-inches to 7-inches

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-1390467-1-1737507-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-1549054-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html

Under my ride's VIN

522 AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5

3U1 EUROPE/CIS COUNTRIES/MONGOLIA HEAD UNIT

i have yet to receive my ride to test the radio reception :D

event.png

Seems the radio reception problem come from the firmware of the audio20 NTG5, mine (2015 CLA250) has the same issue, the salesperson told me that the radio (auto searching frequency function) was disabled.  However, when I got another problem and back to the factory to update all firmware of the car (including the audio20), the problem has solved!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, anyone else can confirm if the firmware update will fix the radio reception problem?

I really don't want to drive down and they cannot find out/resolve the issue..

Sigh. Just collected the car last week then this week have to send in the car...

Hi, anyone else can confirm if the firmware update will fix the radio reception problem?

I really don't want to drive down and they cannot find out/resolve the issue..

Sigh. Just collected the car last week then this week have to send in the car...

Perhaps you can try and call up the service hotline and see what they advise you.