• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ABS inoperative followed 1/2 hr latter by Tyre Ran Flat sensor inoperative as well

JFCC

Just to share and see who else has had similar experience. Was driving home last evening 2 days ago when I felt a small but a few quick kickback of the brake. Felt strange but then a message appeared that ABS is inoperative. 1/2 hr later, another message appeared to indicate that ran flat tyre sensor is also inoperative. Don't think they are related? Was travelling than at a relatively slow speed during peak hr. Car is W221 @ 2013 model with some 25KM done. Hopefully not a major problem. Car now in Wkshp. Will see and update. Anyone has similar issues? Thanks and cheers.

mine same problem. diagnosed as ESP module damaged. Changeout whole ESP/ABS module. Damage $2900. 

If yours is just the brake/ESP sensor issue, then cheaper ard $300-400

Hopefully mine is a case of the latter then!

I hope anyway it cld be considered a warranty case as I have one more yr to ran on the warranty? Thanks

An update. Prognosis was sensor failure on one of the front wheel. As the sensor comes in pair, replacement of both front wheel sensors was made. (a rare "bonus" when comes to car maintenance esp so when warranty period is still in placed...!!!). Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Very "lucky". My turn. 

ABS and ESP inoperative

Run flat inoperative

Cruise control and speedtronic inoperative

cannot brake hold anymore - did you guys have this problem?

Anybody got any workshop to recommend? And what's the rough cost?

thanks much!

Swift-Sunny-Sonata-156-Brera-MINI cabriolet-Grand Picasso-S300

Yottokame - sorry to hear of yr case. My experience as noted earlier did not involve the brake being inoperative. It was still possible to drive and the brake was actually working as normal after the initial few "" kickback" just b4 the 2 error messages came on.

Sounds exactly like my symptoms.

My damage 2.9k

Your car need to go for dignosis first

Hopefully your report shows a less problematic sensor issue only

Very "lucky". My turn. 

ABS and ESP inoperative

Run flat inoperative

thanks much!

• 9 months later...

Hi newbie here. after servicing CNC called to inform that my car was diagnosed with steering angle sensor fault. when I was driving back from cnc, esp, RF and cruising errors all appeared on dashboard.

Did a steering wheel reset (full steering wheel full left lock to right turn) and all error messages miraculously disappeared.

Very "lucky". My turn. 

ABS and ESP inoperative

Run flat inoperative

thanks much!

Yeah is my turn.  ABS, ESP and EBV inoperative all at once.  I remember afew months ago c&c issued a letter to recall the vehicles to fix this?

I also lost power steering.

But strangely after I went home and restarted the engine, everything is normal and has been fine for afew days now.

M not sure whether I should send the car in now.  I read in some forums simply restarting engine or adjusting steering wheel lock may solve the issue.

Very "lucky". My turn. 

ABS and ESP inoperative

Run flat inoperative

thanks much!

Darkseid, perhaps it is best to have it checked it. In my case, the messages came on after restarting. A friend's car showed a similar symptoms as yours but 2 weeks latter it has to been serviced as the messages came on "permanently"! Cheers

If it is just the faulty sensor then I believe the cost is couple of hundreds as someone indicated above, If done at CNC it will cost more. Did mine under warranty (as car is < 3 yrs old).I did ask the service personnel what it would have cost ex warranty. He mentioned 700-800 range but I can tell for sure. Cheers

Thank you JFCC.  That helps.  I received a letter from c&c afew months back concerning a recall related to this issue.  Perhaps it is covered under mass recall.

Did you receive the letter?  It was by AR Registered post and I had to go to Singpost to collect it on Saturday.

If it is just the faulty sensor then I believe the cost is couple of hundreds as someone indicated above, If done at CNC it will cost more. Did mine under warranty (as car is < 3 yrs old).I did ask the service personnel what it would have cost ex warranty. He mentioned 700-800 range but I can tell for sure. Cheers