dt78

stock headlight very dim

13 posts in this topic

Hi bros n sis,

My c180cgi w204 stock halogen light is very dim. I notice the centre radius of the main beam is very dim and the left and right radius is brighter than the centre portion. Can we actually adjust the lighting? Or any good and reliable lighting shop for mercs to recommend? Thanks

You can look for our site sponsor Sonic.

Don't think so the battery is dieing. The left n right radius is very bright except the centre radius portion. Hardly k c at all. Anyone encountered the same issue as me?

Try changing bulb?

1 person likes this

Just guessing .... could be the beginning of the lens deteriorating(unless yours is not the lens type) ... mine was so bad that is became cloudy until no light is being shine on the road thought still can see the head bright .... Hope this is not your problem cos can solve only with changing of headlight

I changed mine to Philips bulbs which were brighter. Still orange lights LTA approved. Just head down to any car audio shop.

Osram Nightbreakers. Can get cheap ones on ebay shipped from the UK or Germany as long as you know how to change them yourself. 

My previous experience on my other ride with Osram Nightbreakers wasn't that great. Had to change them every 2-3 months. But I may have been unlucky...

Yup premium bulbs don't last as long. For a compromise between life and brightness can try Philips vision plus

By right yes, but change back to stock if you want to claim your whole lamp unit

1 stupid question. Will changing of light bulbs void warranty?

1 stupid question. Will changing of light bulbs void warranty?

The instruction manual states how to change them. Therefore it's implied that it's user-serviceable and that an average customer can be expected to do this on his own.