• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is This The 2016 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Facelift?

Azhiwen

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/is-this-2016-mercedes-benz-class.html

2016-Mercedes-Benz-A-Class-100.jpg

Could this really be the refreshed2016 Mercedes-Benz A-Class that's scheduled to be revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September?

The crew over at the Mercedes-Fanswebsite who shared this photo certainly think so and if there's no Photoshop-foolery going on, they could be right. 

Cosmetically, besides the green body paint that we haven't seen before, the front has been tweaked with new headlamp fixtures and revised grille and bumper designs.

From previous spy shots, we know that the mid-cycle facelift will update the interior with a new twin-dial instrument binnacle similar to the GLA, a different steering wheel and controls for the upgraded infotainment system. 

Some minor improvements to the regular engine range are also expected, while there have been rumors about AMG tweaking the A45's 2.0-liter turbocharged four to deliver over 370-horsepower. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised that the 0-100 sprint for FL A180 automatic will be 8.6s. Is this even believable? 

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-1821860-1-1824533-1-0-0-0-0-1-0-1549054-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html?TS=1435406000454

The new A45 would be 0.4s faster with 0-100kph @ 4.2s. Could be possible if the new gearbox is also ported to the A180

http://paultan.org/2015/06/27/mercedes-amg-a-45-facelift-gets-381-hp-and-475-nm/

The new A45 would be 0.4s faster with 0-100kph @ 4.2s. Could be possible if the new gearbox is also ported to the A180

http://paultan.org/2015/06/27/mercedes-amg-a-45-facelift-gets-381-hp-and-475-nm/

Have real doubts here. The current A180 at 9.1s has the fastest sprint time of any normal COE cat A car. and it's a very heavy car. Maybe they can tweak a little when it comes to gear ratios and aerodynamics but to squeeze another 0.5s seems ridiculous? And it's the same engine.

Have real doubts here. The current A180 at 9.1s has the fastest sprint time of any normal COE cat A car. and it's a very heavy car. Maybe they can tweak a little when it comes to gear ratios and aerodynamics but to squeeze another 0.5s seems ridiculous? And it's the same engine.

"The same 2.0 litre direct injection turbo engine gets massaged to offer 381 hp at 6,000 rpm and 475 Nm of torque at 2,250 to 5,000 rpm – 21 hp and 25 Nm up from the existing model."

Likely they may have tweak with the ECU to raise the limits.

Hi,

Just curious, roughly how much price increase (based on other models history) will the new face-lift models cost over present ones?

also how much discount can we expect from current models, eg A180 style , urban?

cheers!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just curious, roughly how much price increase (based on other models history) will the new face-lift models cost over present ones?

also how much discount can we expect from current models, eg A180 style , urban?

cheers!

Price should be same same as before since the pre-fl is no longer in production. Also price will fluctunate once every 2 weeks... the amount will be in tandem with COE price fluctunation.

Imo, you can get a better deal during periods of roadshows or showroom launch events.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

• 1 month later...

Hi all . I m new to the forum. Was passively reading but nvr posted.

I went to the showroom today. The new fl a180 is going for 135800 with 2k off during launch..meaning invoice price at 133800.

It sounded attractive but I would like to get some feedback regarding the ride. I am concern that as it is only 121bhp ..will it be underpowered. As it's a new launch there is no test drive car yet. I m currently driving c180 (2008) w 154bhp and I to it was a bit sluggish already. . The SE said the new model now has 5 modes to choose from .. eco to sport plus or something like that ..

Thanks for any comment

• 3 weeks later...

I recently tested the A180 FL; I feel its underpowered. The A200 is not available for test drive yet. With the current lower Cat B Coe, A200 is $1K cheaper than the A180.

Hi all . I m new to the forum. Was passively reading but nvr posted.

I went to the showroom today. The new fl a180 is going for 135800 with 2k off during launch..meaning invoice price at 133800.

It sounded attractive but I would like to get some feedback regarding the ride. I am concern that as it is only 121bhp ..will it be underpowered. As it's a new launch there is no test drive car yet. I m currently driving c180 (2008) w 154bhp and I to it was a bit sluggish already. . The SE said the new model now has 5 modes to choose from .. eco to sport plus or something like that ..

Thanks for any comment