• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car import service?

There are parallel car importers but I wonder if there are 'consultants' who can do all the documentation for 'personal import' of a car for a fee?   

Sometime ago, I think I heard of some people who personally imported their cars themselves.

• 9 months later...

There are parallel car importers but I wonder if there are 'consultants' who can do all the documentation for 'personal import' of a car for a fee?   

Sometime ago, I think I heard of some people who personally imported their cars themselves.

I can share with you.. Please PM me.

Email me at [email protected] whoever keen to know how to self import your merc. I have done a lot of research including the step by step procedure.

Few Conditions:

1. Ready Cash, No loan.

2. Prepare to go through the hassle (But if you see the saving...it's all worth it)

3. No warranty (But can buy your own warranty)

Why am I sharing this? I am looking for someone to do it together with me...:)

Ultimately, you need to do your own Maths and decide on your own if it worth it.

• Like 1

I think the procedure is quite transparent.  LTA has a checklist.

However there is a lot of work involved.

Also, I wonder how to calculate the OMV to be declared.

If I were to use the exact retail price that I will have to pay for that car overseas and if the OMV were to be that sum, then it does not make sense anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...