• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Driver's door keyless not working

4eva

Hi guys, this morning I noticed the driver's door handle on my W211 E230 seems to be faulty.

I am unable to unlock the doors using keyless entry or lock it with the button on the door handle. However, locking and unlocking seems to be working fine on the passengers door.

Currently I have to unlock it using the passenger's door first before I can open my door and lock the car using the passenger's door lock button. 

Anyone can recommend me a place to get it fix or any solutions will be appreciated, thanks! 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing I would suspect is fuse

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

First thing I would suspect is fuse

I searched the net and it seems like a common issue for the W211 keyless go. Looks like the whole handle have to be replaced

Any affordable workshop recommendations that do the above repair hopefully? 

Hey 4eva,

In my 4 years of ownership of the W211, I changed the door handle 4 times for the same problem.

2x front driver, 1x passenger, 1x rear right

The price varied between $190-230 per handle (with or without spray paint, depends on how you haggle).

Buy from Golden Link then get it sprayed paint at somewhere you trust is the cheapest way to go.

It only takes like 30 seconds to get it replaced if you have that long screw driver thingy.

Hey 4eva,

In my 4 years of ownership of the W211, I changed the door handle 4 times for the same problem.

2x front driver, 1x passenger, 1x rear right

The price varied between $190-230 per handle (with or without spray paint, depends on how you haggle).

Buy from Golden Link then get it sprayed paint at somewhere you trust is the cheapest way to go.

It only takes like 30 seconds to get it replaced if you have that long screw driver thingy.

Thanks bbwannabe for the detailed information! A bit reluctant to change but guess I'll take a look at Golden Link

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Common prob, mine only driver and left rear passenger fully functional. front passenger can lock only. right rear sometime can lock only but most of the time dead. My guess is that water seepage into the handle causing oxidation/corrosion to the circuit board.

• 1 year later...

From the above www.keylessfix.eu webpage, Cost is €150. But dunno take how long? 

Anyway, I found a DIY solution from mbworld.  Boy,  this guy is a genius and gung-ho/daring enough to try and repair the handle. 

Me alone may have problem taking out the handle itself.  Lol

Probably it's the gonna be same way of repair as www.keylessfix.eu.

Let's see if I could attempt doing it. Currently 3 doors keyless lock/unlock are malfunctioned.

408684d1321006793-keyless-go-testing-keyless_go_repair_t-eng_part_1.pdf

408685d1321006793-keyless-go-testing-keyless_go_repair_t-eng_part_2.pdf

Is not gung-ho it's because labor is very expensive and parts is very cheap.some of  the owners in the western countries DIY to save cost.

For example changing motor mount and gearbox mount rack me up to 1.1k USD. 

but his write up is very good can try to do.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.