• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

car headlight fogging. normal?

RFS2

Yes, you can find it in the manual too. Did u read the manual?

yes its normal, there is breathing holes in the headlamp units and thus its normal. This technology started in the W221 S class back in 2006 i think, there is some holes in the headlamp for the fogs to clear out. u check it out tomorrow , it will be clear

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Headlight fogging up in my opinion should not happen .. rain or no rain ... Fogging means water is going into the headlight n not being able to be fully drain/vent.

Maybe u should check if there is any crack or gap between the head Light n back casing. Also check the back of the head light to make sure the black rubber plug for the lamp holder is properly fitted .. I suspect it could be water seeping into the head light during rain n not be able to be drain off or so much until can't drain properly.

U should get it check by a mechanic

Hope this helps u In someway ..

My 2 cents

Regards

Lz

Heard from a friend that u can use a small pack of silica gel (the type use in dry camera boxes), remove the light blub and put it into the headlight overnight. Remember to secure a thread to the packet so that u can remove it. make sure the thread u tie is secure because if the pack drop into the headlight, then tuakee already. Remember to remove the pack and reinstall the bulb before u drive. Do not attempt to leave the pack in the headlight and switch the headlight on, the pack will burn. Try at own risk.

• Like 1

I don't think fogging is normal. CNC changed my bros headlight after he complain of fogging 1 day after collection....all done FOC.

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Abnormal.

You can do a test by spraying water for 5 to 10 minute on the bonnet and headlight, later it will start fogging (condense).

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...