RFS2

car headlight fogging. normal?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have just received c180. After a rain, the 2 headlights starts to fog up. I messaged the dealer and they say its normal. Can you all advise if this is expected?

Yes, you can find it in the manual too. Did u read the manual?

yes its normal, there is breathing holes in the headlamp units and thus its normal. This technology started in the W221 S class back in 2006 i think, there is some holes in the headlamp for the fogs to clear out. u check it out tomorrow , it will be clear

Oh..i must go refer back to my manual.. I've read the manual but probably missed it..

Thanks for the advise.. Great to be a part of the benz community:)

Headlight fogging up in my opinion should not happen .. rain or no rain ... Fogging means water is going into the headlight n not being able to be fully drain/vent.

Maybe u should check if there is any crack or gap between the head Light n back casing. Also check the back of the head light to make sure the black rubber plug for the lamp holder is properly fitted .. I suspect it could be water seeping into the head light during rain n not be able to be drain off or so much until can't drain properly.

U should get it check by a mechanic

Hope this helps u In someway ..

My 2 cents

Regards

Lz

Its Normal... When I collected my Merc(on rainy day) from C n C same thing happen.......  

Heard from a friend that u can use a small pack of silica gel (the type use in dry camera boxes), remove the light blub and put it into the headlight overnight. Remember to secure a thread to the packet so that u can remove it. make sure the thread u tie is secure because if the pack drop into the headlight, then tuakee already. Remember to remove the pack and reinstall the bulb before u drive. Do not attempt to leave the pack in the headlight and switch the headlight on, the pack will burn. Try at own risk.

1 person likes this

I don't think fogging is normal. CNC changed my bros headlight after he complain of fogging 1 day after collection....all done FOC.

I don't think fogging is normal. CNC changed my bros headlight after he complain of fogging 1 day after collection....all done FOC.

Mine too then, W204 though. One side fogged a patch. Also changed under warranty foc.

Abnormal.

You can do a test by spraying water for 5 to 10 minute on the bonnet and headlight, later it will start fogging (condense).