• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Best Bak Kut Teh

Guest yogi

Plenty of BKT eaters swear by Ng Ah Sio @ Rangoon Rd. I like the one along Balestier Rd... mmm.. what's the name ahh Founder BKT. The rice sibe pang man got put ter yu so shiny.. ;D

• 2 months later...

There is another one at Sin Ming.. it is the pepperish type.. get your car fixed at MBM then take a walk there lor..

There is another one opposite Queensway shopping center.. there is a hawker center.. the old couple sellling claypot herbal (black) type of BKT.. yummy.. but they are quite stingy with their soup.. heehee.. then there is ABC hawker center (nearby too).. the BKT is not bad.. the hokkien mee is also delicious.. I also like the duck noodles.. but wife dun like to go there leh...

• 1 month later...

Can also try the one opposite Plaza Hotel at Beach Road. Its located inside a coffeeshop but sorry I can't remember the coffeeshop's & the road's name. Its served in a claypot & comes out piping hot & the boiling stays for a good 5 minutes. It has a herbal taste to the soup. But the car parking there can be a killer.

If you guys prefer the peppery kind, may I suggest the one at Balestier. Its before Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice. Also cannot remember the name. (I only remember the good food & how to go there ;D) But I prefer the pork trotters there. Damn shiok.

Ok, already made me hungry again.

f you guys prefer the peppery kind, may I suggest the one at Balestier. Its before Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice. Also cannot remember the name. (I only remember the good food & how to go there Grin) But I prefer the pork trotters there. Damn shiok.

Founder Bah Kut Teh along Balestier Rd. Located opposite Balestier Plaza. Damn shiok the rice with ter yu washed down with the peppery broth and delicious ribs doused with black sauce and sliced chilli.

Walls are plastered with HK and local celebrity photos.

Guest CBlack

The one at Bukit Merah???? Near to Zouk???? Behind the Shell Petrol Kiosk.......

Hmmmmm... forgot whats that called...... Oni know how to drive there.....

it's at havelock road and only open at night. the other one is at tanjong pagar and only open morning till afternoon.

The sin ming one is good stuff!

What's special is the meat and ribs are huge cuts, plus the black sauce got kick and "pang". The meat is real fresh coz the turnover is so fast too.

Be sure to self sterilize your utensils though......or you'll end up adding extra "seasoning" to your soup!

I've never tried the pork trotters though.....but a lot of pple do order it.

The sin ming one is good stuff!

What's special is the meat and ribs are huge cuts, plus the black sauce got kick and "pang". The meat is real fresh coz the turnover is so fast too.

Be sure to self sterilize your utensils though......or you'll end up adding extra "seasoning" to your soup!

I've never tried the pork trotters though.....but a lot of pple do order it.

where exactly is the stall ???. i go mbm often so will go and try it out when i'm there one of these day ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest millionmilebenz

CBlack ]

where exactly is the stall ???. i go mbm often so will go and try it out when i' wrote:

yeah where exactly is the stall in sin ming? i've been to mbm and waited >4hrs twice and only wished there was good food ard... :'(

Walk out of the Sin Ming complex, turn left, walk towards the VICOM, turn right (follow the road), and walk to the first HDB blocks on the left hand side of the road (about 5 mins?). The bak kut teh is there at the corner of the first block.

• 3 weeks later...

my fav is at Havelock, my wife likes Balestier, my father-in-law likes Rangoon...

there is one at jurong west (hawker centre at block 5XX... i forgot),

only opens in the morning till noon

i went once at lunch time, the aunty say: "sold out~! u muz come early morning."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tg pagah and Havelock road both are same family operating,Brother and sister, the sister operating at Havelock last time works at tha famous Fort Canning "Royal hill leg" bakut teh many years back. Good experience, daughter also very pretty, must go on weekend to see hee hee....

Tg pagah and Havelock road both are same family operating,Brother and sister, the sister operating at Havelock last time works at tha famous Fort Canning "Royal hill leg" bakut teh many years back. Good experience, daughter also very pretty, must go on weekend to see hee hee....

haha... agree the daughter is pretty :D

• 1 month later...