• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Major servicing

IBJB

I believe some site sponsors here are good enough for the job.. and won't cost an arm and a leg

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Any bro can advise what are the things to change during the major servicing?

Mileage reaching 60K and tot of going for the major. 

My current ride is on FL W204.

IIRC,

Engine Oil

Engine Oil Filter

Spark Plugs

ATF Oil

Air Filter

Aircon filter

Brake Oil

Brake Rotors/Brake Pads (Depending on condition)

Engine & Transmission Mountings (Depending on condition)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Bro I think there is the transmission oil + filter + gasket +plug......

Better to check around cos the prices do differ quite substantially....but C & C is really expensive....their charges range between S$1.1k - S$2K

Yes! Change transmission oil includes changing the filter & gasket!

Cheers

IIRC,

Engine Oil

Engine Oil Filter

Spark Plugs

ATF Oil

Air Filter

Aircon filter

Brake Oil

Brake Rotors/Brake Pads (Depending on condition)

Engine & Transmission Mountings (Depending on condition)

Just to add on to unker's list...

Radiator fluid...3 lit

Fuel filter....This should be changed if u use a lot of M'sia petrol. Otherwise can wait till 100k km.

So have you did yours major servicing?

I just did mine at chip soon. Even change the tires there

Any bro can advise what are the things to change during the major servicing?

Mileage reaching 60K and tot of going for the major.

My current ride is on FL W204.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

• 5 months later...

Recommendation by manufacturer is 15k.

Somehow locally, almost all workshop sticks to 10k regardless of manufacturer's recommendation of 10k, 12k or 15k for Jap, BMW & MB respectively (only list what my limited knowledge have).

Some individuals even go for 5k interval (i was one of those in the past due to heavily modded ride).

I would stick with manufacturer's recommendation, ultimately IMO it is your choice.

Cheers.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Recommendation by manufacturer is 15k.

Somehow locally, almost all workshop sticks to 10k regardless of manufacturer's recommendation of 10k, 12k or 15k for Jap, BMW & MB respectively (only list what my limited knowledge have).

Some individuals even go for 5k interval (i was one of those in the past due to heavily modded ride).

I would stick with manufacturer's recommendation, ultimately IMO it is your choice.

Cheers.

Thanks! I'll likely stick with the 15k interval and be kinder to my wallet. Haha

I wonder if they program the next servicing to show up at 10k interval though.

Bro Atlantis, your normal servicing is ok to follow the schedule.....from my experience, its best to do engine oil change every 5,000km - 6,000km (plus engine oil filter). It will really make a lot of difference for your car engine.

Have always been doing this for all my rides.....it really makes a difference.... for one of my rides (Toyota Picnic) which I kept the longest....the Agent's mechanics commented that though my ride is 8 years old, the engine sound is so much more silent and trouble free compared to a 3 year old similar model.

Really makes a difference.... though it might cost abit more but overall it saves you money in the long run as its means less engine related issues.....

Just my 2 cents  :)

• Like 1

Bro Atlantis, your normal servicing is ok to follow the schedule.....from my experience, its best to do engine oil change every 5,000km - 6,000km (plus engine oil filter). It will really make a lot of difference for your car engine.

Have always been doing this for all my rides.....it really makes a difference.... for one of my rides (Toyota Picnic) which I kept the longest....the Agent's mechanics commented that though my ride is 8 years old, the engine sound is so much more silent and trouble free compared to a 3 year old similar model.

Really makes a difference.... though it might cost abit more but overall it saves you money in the long run as its means less engine related issues.....

Just my 2 cents  :)

Thanks bro sayaret for your friendly advice. Will keep this in mind! Cheers :)

no.3 brake fluid, drain replace bleed.

wat does that mean?

Drain= drain out the old brake fluid.

Replace= putting in new brake fluid.

Bleed= remove any bubbles in the new fluid.

• Like 1

Drain= drain out the old brake fluid.

Replace= putting in new brake fluid.

Bleed= remove any bubbles in the new fluid.

Bubbles in your blood stream cause brain damage! :lol:

Cheers

Yes!

Cheers

:thumbsu:  :thumbsu:

where to do? auto spritze?

Yes! I go there!

Cheers

Yes! I go there for my servicing & repairs

• Like 1

Cheers

Do you bring your own oil and parts or leave it to them?

When I did my 60k km major servicing, I brought my own brake rotors/pads & engine and gear box mountings

Cheers