• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 Fuel Consumption

csschong

• 2 weeks later...

No point worrying about the fuel consumption. How much can it vary? Just drive and enjoy, no point feathering the pedal.

Your biggest expense is the annual depreciation (plus insurance, road tax, parking, maintenance, etc) of about, say, $18'000 onwards, depending on which model you buy!

That is about $1'500 per month.

At $2/litre, that is 750 litres of petrol!

Driving too slowly is detrimental to the engine too!  :D

• Like 5

Unlike in U.S. One fine day I decided to speed 10mph and police came chasing me.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

be careful... next time they might just decide to shoot you first... then ask you question.... by then you'll be too dead to talk....

Unlike in U.S. One fine day I decided to speed 10mph and police came chasing me.

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 10:46 PM, Ivo said:

40k km, 2.5yo W205. Always hovers around 7 - 8l/100km never above 8.

18" 5 spoke AMG staggered and switch between Caltex and SPC RON95.

75% highway

Try 98.   I experimented with 95, 98 and V-Power -  over several tanks each type.
I seem to get better mileage with 98.

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, 

to have a better accurate assessment to share your experience, please give more details

1) Car model, W204 / W205 (FL or Pre FL) C180 / C200 (cos W205 FL is 1.5 litre, mild hyrbid), very diff from W205 C200 

2) any tune / zhng / modification done

3) tyres - what size (inch and width), aka, 225, 255 ? what brand 

4) rims - stock or aftermarket - (what brand, cast, flow forming or forged)

5) driving style, light, normal, pedal to the metal?

6) driving conditions, city vs highway, %

7) petrol brand - Vpower Racing, shell 98 or SPC 95

if you can provide the above information, it will be very useful for future references ...

reason for the long list of questions cos the above will affect FC, quite significantly 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 11:54 AM, Keve said:

2019 W205 C180 average 7.5km/L

Previous 2007 C180K Coupe average 10-11km/L.

Just curious why the current model so thirsty 😀

old birds once told me, whatever Daimler tell you, you just * 0.7 = to get your real world SG FC

if you believe in that, you will not be disappointed.  or ever question Daimler results 

On 1/31/2021 at 11:54 AM, Keve said:

2019 W205 C180 average 7.5km/L

Previous 2007 C180K Coupe average 10-11km/L.

Just curious why the current model so thirsty 😀

W206 PHEV C300e out in 2 weeks (23 Feb), with over 100Km range per charge, this time, i will believe Daimler FC numbers