• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

list of W205 questions ...need help

Treestar

1. Reboot the system

2. Parking assist only works if u are on reverse gear. Read the manual

3. Not normal

4. W205 is not equipped with Apple carplay

5. This is normal

6. The function is not available for Singapore models

7. Don't understand

8. Yeah same here I haven't figured that out yet

Thanks Bravooc and Omgang. 

By the way, you mentioned in #1 to reboot the system. What do you meant by rebooting and how do you reboot?

8) unable to lift up wiper- gets resistance upon pulling up ( usually car washer will lift up the wiper after washing)- how to change wiper blade like that?

Shut down engine.

Turn the wiper to ___

Continuously press the start/stop button (without stepping on brake) and wiper will move

When wipers reach vertical upright position, press the start/stop again to stop it

Now you can change wiper blades

Think I'll ride on this topic, since it's a question about the w205.

Last weekend I visited C&C and had look at the w205.

One thing I'm puzzled, whether it was just me or everyone else.. The door don't feel as heavy as the previous w204?

Even the CLA 200 shooting brake felt so much heavier.

I felt the SE trying to bluff that it's aluminum now, that's why lighter... but couldn't explain why the Shooting Brake is so heavy.. Other than saying one made in South Africa and the other in Germany :-/

Yes it have the lightest door shut feel among all the other Merc models

I had recently realised that the cabin temperature is very warm even when the car was parked for sometime, as if being heated . This is especially evident when I parked the car for a short while and retrieving it about an hour later. It was raining heavily today and my whole car turned misty after I come back to pick up my car after parking for an hour. Is this normal?

I had recently realised that the cabin temperature is very warm even when the car was parked for sometime, as if being heated . This is especially evident when I parked the car for a short while and retrieving it about an hour later. It was raining heavily today and my whole car turned misty after I come back to pick up my car after parking for an hour. Is this normal?

Not on my car, it isn't.

I experience this as well when outside temp is very much colder especially on rainy day after parking the car a while.

Will turn on the front and rear defogger to clear it.

This is called the Residual Heat Function. It's used in winter to keep the car warm for approximately 30min after the engine has been switched off .....using the heat from the engine itself. The blower will run at low speed regardless of airflow setting.

This feature can be disabled. Go look at your manual & search for this function.

Simply press the REST button at the aircon buttons, make sure the light goes off.

This is called the Residual Heat Function. It's used in winter to keep the car warm for approximately 30min after the engine has been switched off .....using the heat from the engine itself. The blower will run at low speed regardless of airflow setting.

This feature can be disabled. Go look at your manual & search for this function.

Simply press the REST button at the aircon buttons, make sure the light goes off.

Thanks bro. Will try tomorrow.

• 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, Angchug said:

W205 ,C180 - My Start/Stop suddenly stopped working today. Message: Unable to detect the key. Lock/unblock function also fail to work. Could only start/stop/lock/unlock with the key. 

Can anyone help ? Please 

How old is your key battery? Have you replaced it within the last one year?

12 minutes ago, petetherock said:

How old is your key battery? Have you replaced it within the last one year?

Usually you get a message if the battery is weak. I replaced the battery not long ago. Happen only this afternoon after I had both keys with me. Wonder if that was the issues. I tried it again after an hour but the keyless start/stop, lock/unlock stopped working. Need to use the key to start/stop. 

1 hour ago, Angchug said:

W205 ,C180 - My Start/Stop suddenly stopped working today. Message: Unable to detect the key. Lock/unblock function also fail to work. Could only start/stop/lock/unlock with the key. 

Can anyone help ? 

I hv a similar recent encounter.

After a day of investigation by CnC, it was a weak auxiliary battery.

Suggest you get a scan on the error code for correct diagnosis.

52 minutes ago, Angchug said:

Usually you get a message if the battery is weak. I replaced the battery not long ago. Happen only this afternoon after I had both keys with me. Wonder if that was the issues. I tried it again after an hour but the keyless start/stop, lock/unlock stopped working. Need to use the key to start/stop. 

I recently replaced the battery on my key because I could not remotely wind up or down the windows. I could still do the start and stop, but all was well after swopping out the battery. My other less used key was fine. Why don't you try the key first? Then you know if it's a battery issue in the key or that of the aux battery..

On 2/25/2016 at 8:22 AM, jtang said:

Have read thru the manual.  But cannot find the button. Gueas car not equipped with this feature but cabin still feels warm.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:57 PM, petetherock said:

I recently replaced the battery on my key because I could not remotely wind up or down the windows. I could still do the start and stop, but all was well after swopping out the battery. My other less used key was fine. Why don't you try the key first? Then you know if it's a battery issue in the key or that of the aux battery..

I changed the main battery, aux battery , key battery. The keyless function still not working. The Start/stop is working. Only the keyless Start/Stop of the engine,  lock and unlock are not working. I need to use the Key to clock, unclock or start engine. 

Since you hv done all the reasonable things...  and it seems that you are so perturbed about this.  Why don't u go straight to C&C or a respectable workshop to get the error code scanned and get the correct diagnosis once and for all.  

5 hours ago, bravooc10 said:

Perhaps can try to sync the key to the keyless system by doing this. Remove the start stop button from the keyhole. Plug your car key in and start the engine once and turn it off n then put back the cap again to see it it's paired. 

I think he would have had to do that to start his car..

Went to CnC this morning and was told need resetting. Down time is a day and need to book an appointment. Cost around $135.00

I call a reservist friend Vincent Teo. He is the agent for Chinese LAUNCH

diagnostic kits. Went to him workshop. He managed to reset for me. Everything is back to normal after 10 mins. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi all

Sorry that I need to seek some advices by updating this thread.

Anyone can advise how to insert multiple CD onto the player? I can only insert 1 CD. Is it norm as my previous W204 can insert up to 6 CD. Thank you.