• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

list of W205 questions ...need help

Treestar

Anyway did any bros notice there is slight misalignment of engine hood corner(left) which pops out slightly compared to the other corner(corner) and also the petrol filler cap also the top part doesnt fit with the shut line....read on google these misalignment are common issues with W205

My petrol cover is not alight with the body. I am going to wait till 1st servicing to check with CnC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there such a thing? Something new.

Maybe later I check my car for it

Honestly I've never read my car manual. Come to think of it. Don't even think I've seen it before. Lol

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Has anyone set up a watapps grp for W205 owners keen to chat diretly over their cars n stuff? Found such a grp useful wen i had my previous car

honestly not that I know of but I'm in a CLA group chat which I think it's an awesome chat! If you are keen I suppose you can PM Zeenie

Anyway did any bros notice there is slight misalignment of engine hood corner(left) which pops out slightly compared to the other corner(corner) and also the petrol filler cap also the top part doesnt fit with the shut line....read on google these misalignment are common issues with W205

not only w205, my facelift w212 also have bonnet misalignment issue when collected. told my SE and send the car back 2 times to rectify the problem ;)

• Like 1

Thks Louis...so wat is cnc able to do after 2 visits abt misaligned bonnet?

at first, my SE delivers my car back to my house i wasnt at home so i asked him to drop the keys into the letter box. then when i got home i check the alignment, its better but still off by a little compare to the gap on the other side. so i send it back and ask him to do it again till its perfect before handing it back to me. from what he told me, its partially the bonnet's screws fault near the hydraulic system and also the grille. im not really interested in the details as long as its fixed  :thumbsu:

RESET TRIPMETER

Use Home button on the steering wheel to call up the list of menus.

• Press the UP or DOWN ARROW button on the steering wheel to select the Trip menu.
  • Confirm by pressing OK on the steering wheel.
  • Press UP or DOWN ARROW button to select the function that you wish to reset.
  • Press the OK button.
  • Press the DOWN button to select Yes and press the OK button to confirm.

You can reset the values of the following functions:

• Trip odometer
  • "From Start" trip computer
  • "From Reset" trip computer
  • ECO display

Reference: 2015_C_Sedan_OperatorsManual from Mercedes Benz.  This manual can be downloaded in your app in IPhone.

For the exterior mirror set not to close automatically,

To select Vehicle Settings: turn and press the controller.

The Vehicle Settings menu is active.

To select the desired vehicle setting:  Turn and press the controller. Select Automatic Mirror Folding > Activate or Deactivate.

When the Automatic Mirror Folding function is activated, the exterior mirrors fold in automatically as soon as you lock the vehicle from the outside.

The exterior mirrors fold out automatically again as soon as you unlock the car

Reference: 2015_C_Sedan_Command

:D 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Think I'll ride on this topic, since it's a question about the w205.

Last weekend I visited C&C and had look at the w205.

One thing I'm puzzled, whether it was just me or everyone else.. The door don't feel as heavy as the previous w204?

Even the CLA 200 shooting brake felt so much heavier.

I felt the SE trying to bluff that it's aluminum now, that's why lighter... but couldn't explain why the Shooting Brake is so heavy.. Other than saying one made in South Africa and the other in Germany :-/

It is lighter and it is due to more aluminium hard in the whole car. Regardless of place og manufacture, SA, Germany or US, the same variant of car would weigh pretty much the same. Some of the bros had their w205 made in Germany(PI I think)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I am having some issues with my W205, not sure if anyone has experienced the same thing as well:

1) USB drive not able to play preloaded MP3 files

2) Parking assist not activated upon moving out I.e not assisting car to move out while we look out for traffic. Saw from YouTube that this function is supposed to help in parking and moving out.

3) Voice control button on steering wheel not functional.

4) Unable to use Apple CarPlay

5) Aircon air circulation always cut off after sometime. Need to manually set back to re-circulation mode.

6) Assistance Screen , set from steering wheel control(where you see a car bonnet and road on the middle screen beside speedometer )- may I know what is this for?

7) oil temperature info: pressing of OK and phone button simultaneously- does this work?

8) unable to lift up wiper- gets resistance upon pulling up ( usually car washer will lift up the wiper after washing)- how to change wiper blade like that?

1) not sure why, but i have no problems why my usb

2) have it but never used it. never saw the need to. may try it later

3) mine is audio20, doesnt work on audio 20

4) w205 no apple carplay yet

5) may need to alter the program. dont think CnC will do it. 

6) information displayed if optioned with distronic plus. 

7) never tried, then again why need to know ah? 

8) auto-dimming for rearview and driver side. already like this on my previous w204. w205 same same

• Like 1

Dear all,

I am having some issues with my W205, not sure if anyone has experienced the same thing as well:

1) USB drive not able to play preloaded MP3 files

2) Parking assist not activated upon moving out I.e not assisting car to move out while we look out for traffic. Saw from YouTube that this function is supposed to help in parking and moving out.

3) Voice control button on steering wheel not functional.

4) Unable to use Apple CarPlay

5) Aircon air circulation always cut off after sometime. Need to manually set back to re-circulation mode.

6) Assistance Screen , set from steering wheel control(where you see a car bonnet and road on the middle screen beside speedometer )- may I know what is this for?

7) oil temperature info: pressing of OK and phone button simultaneously- does this work?

8) unable to lift up wiper- gets resistance upon pulling up ( usually car washer will lift up the wiper after washing)- how to change wiper blade like that?

1. Reboot the system

2. Parking assist only works if u are on reverse gear. Read the manual

3. Not normal

4. W205 is not equipped with Apple carplay

5. This is normal

6. The function is not available for Singapore models

7. Don't understand

8. Yeah same here I haven't figured that out yet

• Like 1