• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

list of W205 questions ...need help

Treestar

Hi

I have a a few questions for W205 C class:

1)how to turn off the horn sound when locking cat doors?

2) how to deactivate auto closing of side mirrors when locking car

3) how to reset trip meter? In other cars there is a button on dash meter to press to reset

Tks

Item 1 I think you can easily disable through the existing instrument cluster. You'll need to access the service menu if I remember correctly. Items 2 & 3 can we easily disabled through the instrument cluster.

Thanks very much for yr generous help bros...ody bro yes there is a manual but much better to tap on other bros existing knowledge if they will allow me n then i too will pass it on to the nxt person dat ask. Appreciate it

Hi Bro! Congrats on your new W205! To be honest, I just got mine too this past Monday. Was wondering if you knew the compartment above the light switch, what is it used for? Is it a card/coin holder? Doesn't seem like it to me leh. =/

• Like 1

Tks bro..loving it..fr yr qn on is it a compartment bro? U referring to the compartment by the overhead light switch? that is fr sunglass but slim ones...cant fit my oakley inside

Not the one by the overhead light switch, it's on the driver's side above the switch where we switch between whatever beams/headlights. 

I also got one question....I still don't know how to use the brake and hold function for my W205...what's the trick of doing that? Very sad, ended up put into P mode instead.

Anybody can help to advise

When you are at a complete stop, de-press the brake further in to activate it. Sometimes you really gotta de-press it all the way in and the hold should appear. 

Hi

I have a a few questions for W205 C class:

1)how to turn off the horn sound when locking cat doors?

2) how to deactivate auto closing of side mirrors when locking car

3) how to reset trip meter? In other cars there is a button on dash meter to press to reset

Tks

Just attend GTG or kopi session and learn from the senior lah

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Read the manual
  2. ask the salesman
  3. Google

If all else fail, then consult the gurus here on this forum but do your homework first.

How to reset the trip meter got me "excited" to no end!

Sorry, just stirring sh*t here.  Must be the weather getting to my pea-brains!   :devil:

Tks

Actually, my apologies for teasing you. Last night I was driving my Alphard. Seldom drive that tank (but it is actually very nice to drive leisurely, seriously). Was wanting to check the total mileage (kilometre-age?) and YUCKS! Where is that button? Ah, there is a switch/button on the right side of the lower dash. Push it and it toggles between Trip A, Trip B and Odometer/Total Mileage. To reset the trip metres, press and hold.

So I guess the W205 works this way now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway did any bros notice there is slight misalignment of engine hood corner(left) which pops out slightly compared to the other corner(corner) and also the petrol filler cap also the top part doesnt fit with the shut line....read on google these misalignment are common issues with W205

Anyway did any bros notice there is slight misalignment of engine hood corner(left) which pops out slightly compared to the other corner(corner) and also the petrol filler cap also the top part doesnt fit with the shut line....read on google these misalignment are common issues with W205

Open your hood again and close it harder. It shouldn't be uneven.