• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car Battery

1 hour ago, Battery Expert said:

With in car cameras nowadays you should not compromise on the battery. C and c sell varta original oem batteries at 500 and above depending on the sizes. Why pay more for the same thing exactly? The one selling at 200 plus is not varta brand is motorlite which is Philippine made. Varta agm in sg is all made in Europe.

If you all got any question feel free to pm me i will try my best to answer all queries.

Is this varta or motorlite?

Just replaced this recently at $320 with install fee. 

IMG_0349.JPG

• Like 2

On 2017-5-8 at 8:14 PM, darksaint said:

Is this varta or motorlite?

Just replaced this recently at $320 with install fee. 

IMG_0349.JPG

Hi darksaint. The photo you posted is made in Europe agm varta. In my post I'm talking about cycle selling motorlite batteries for 200 plus. 

Anyway, sos is not the cheapest.  Try out ace battery you will be surprised at the deal you will get there. Below is my post in another thread.

Go to ace battery and tyre at midview city. Look for ah siong. Best priced varta agm batteries fitted and also free battery test with a digital tester service available. Varta is the oem battery brand for Mercedes.

Iirc 70ah agm varta is $290, 80ah agm varta is $330, 95ah agm varta is $450. All with gst and fitting inclusive.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Car Battery was dying after 3.5 years (w212) so stumbled on this site and sourced around. Called Battery Empire - and was quoted $370 for a bosch (80amp). They will come to you and change on the spot. Did not use them as mine was a non emergency and was put off by their 'conti car surcharge'

Made a call to Hurry Tyres and got the Varta AGM 80amp for $300 - all in. They have 2 other brands that were cheaper by $40 and $20 respectively.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, found this Group Buy for Varta AGM battery!

VARTA AGM Battery:

- Group Buy Price 
- 2 years warranty*
- Free gift worth $19.90
- A pair of Cathay Movie Tickets worth $26 (only for 1st 4 who commit)

Best Deal ever for Mercedes Cars with battery in their boot. They are running a National Day Group Buy for

70Ah, 80Ah, 95Ah and 105Ah.

Hope this helps many bros here save money on their car battery replacement.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/6/2016 at 1:54 PM, Superdry said:

Yes, there are 2 batteries for some Mercs Models.

Auxillary battery can be located near the engine bay and it serves as a backup power supply if the main fails.

There is an auxillary battery malfunction message if this battery is to be check or replaced.

anyone has changed/replaced their auxiliary battery before? Any good recommendation on battery workshop?

Mine has "Auxiliary Battery Malfunction" displayed at the dash, think the battery is flat already.

Thanks!

Go buy an original aux batt from Goldenlink. Bought mine for $170.  Then carry it to your favorite car workshop to install...just pay labour fee. 

The batt is under & behind the glove compartment  

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

• Like 3