• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car Battery

The recommended battery for cars with Eco start stop is AGM types.

http://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/products/start-stop/silver-dynamic-agm/

i never use the start-stop function.. now the auxiliary battery has already been weaken till the start-stop is always in yellow (not working).. i also never bother to change the auxiliary battery.

So for the main battery, can I also use normal battery (non AGM type) ?

i never use the start-stop function.. now the auxiliary battery has already been weaken till the start-stop is always in yellow (not working).. i also never bother to change the auxiliary battery.

So for the main battery, can I also use normal battery (non AGM type) ?

Hi bro, ur aux batt has malfunction for how long? My started recently..

Hi bro, ur aux batt has malfunction for how long? My started recently..

at least 1 year... lol

I was told that aux battery weak is no big deal.. the most only start-stop won't work fully or won't work at all.. for me, my start-stop totally don't work now.. forever yellow.

Will weak/old battery cause hold function not to work?

My battery is 3.5 yr old and this problem started more than 6 months ago.

from what i know, weak battery will cause brake hold function to not work

Sorry for asking, meaning there is 2 sets of battery? Main + auxiliary? My start-start has not been working since 1 week ago, thought need to change battery soon, did not know there are 2 sets of battery

Yes, there are 2 batteries for some Mercs Models.

Auxillary battery can be located near the engine bay and it serves as a backup power supply if the main fails.

There is an auxillary battery malfunction message if this battery is to be check or replaced.

• Like 1

@herbie, which workshop you went to in Kaki Bukit?

Sorry I did not really remember the workshop name. I drove pass and saw the mechanic that used to be in chip soon and I stop to ask if he hv agm batt. Than he quote me 350 which I think is quite reasonable so I just change

Our Onsite Service Labour Charges for Car Jumpstart / Car Battery Replacement including installation 

Pitstop.sg 到您的目的地为您跟换电池和安装或车子启动服务收费表。全岛都一样价钱。

7am -9am $40

9am-5pm $40

5pm-9pm $40

VARTA AGM DIN Size Cash And Carry Battery Price 

images-1.jpeg

570901076AGM DIN 70AH (57002) $355

580901080AGM DIN 80AH (58002) $425

595901085AGM DIN 95AH (59002) $465

Autobacs sell Bosch LN4 for $524.

Sorry I did not really remember the workshop name. I drove pass and saw the mechanic that used to be in chip soon and I stop to ask if he hv agm batt. Than he quote me 350 which I think is quite reasonable so I just change

quick question.

As I don't use Start/Stop function, is it necessary to use AGM battery then?

It's like asking which battery to use for your flashlight. Eveready Alkaline or Eveready Black?

For high performance & long life....go for the AGM, doesn't matter u have no ECO function in the car.

• Like 1

Sorry for asking, meaning there is 2 sets of battery? Main + auxiliary? My start-start has not been working since 1 week ago, thought need to change battery soon, did not know there are 2 sets of battery

My ECO function stopped working for almost 2 months also, tho other functions like brake hold are working fine. Brought my car to check the batt status at KHAI Wah, & it was confirmed to be weak. Changed to new Varta AGM batt 80....exactly the same as the factory batt except that the Merc sticker is missing (does it really matter?). The ECO function took almost 1.5 days of driving to return...guess it's charging up the aux batt.

Incidentally, KHAI Wah at Tagore is selling the Varta AGM 80 for less than $350.

• Like 1

My ECO function stopped working for almost 2 months also, tho other functions like brake hold are working fine. Brought my car to check the batt status at KHAI Wah, & it was confirmed to be weak. Changed to new Varta AGM batt 80....exactly the same as the factory batt except that the Merc sticker is missing (does it really matter?). The ECO function took almost 1.5 days of driving to return...guess it's charging up the aux batt.

Incidentally, KHAI Wah at Tagore is selling the Varta AGM 80 for less than $350.

? That's weird. My Eco mode returns after driving for 10 mins after new battery change.

That's a gd price for varta AGM w install.

? That's weird. My Eco mode returns after driving for 10 mins after new battery change.

That's a gd price for varta AGM w install.

I suppose the long delay of 2 months without ECO played a part for the function to reboot.

can i know what model you guys are driving?

I am driving C class.. the symptons are different from some here

There is no message on dashboard asking me to check Auxillary battery. But C&C told me before that the auxillary battery is weak during 1 of the servicing with them last time. Till today, there is no message.

When auxillary battery weak, brake hold still functions; its the eco stop that did not function.

Symptons seems different for e class?

I am driving C180. To my understanding, if the Aux batt is weak, the ECO will turn yellow for quite a while and turns back on to Green after a distant. For fuel economy wise, I did not see any difference.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hey guys chanced upon this thread when I Google for information.  Read through and found some misleading information regarding agm batteries.  Nevertheless I'm here now to answer and help you guys on getting the right information and best priced deals out there.

Varta is the oem battery for most continental cars. Varta batteries stockist are hwakong trading in benoi. But they can't sell to us cheap as they have to protect their dealers.  One of the best prices you can find for varta is at Ace battery and tyres in sin ming midview city beside grab offices there. 

For older models you can use non start stop batteries if your cars do not have the start stop version. Also e class and s class have 2 batteries, where ace battery also carry the original batteries. For e class the smaller battery is the auxiliary battery but contrary to popular belief the older s class models use the smaller battery as the starter battery and the big battery as auxiliary. 

Hoppecke fiamm Bosch used to be good brands for batteries. However in recent years the quality suffered especially Bosch as they make their batteries all over the world and the qc is not constant. 

Amaron is good for jis sizes but since this is Mercedes website Amaron standing is much lower. You should consider Amaron if you have another car which is non continental. Or if your car is not start stop system. 

With in car cameras nowadays you should not compromise on the battery. C and c sell varta original oem batteries at 500 and above depending on the sizes. Why pay more for the same thing exactly? The one selling at 200 plus is not varta brand is motorlite which is Philippine made. Varta agm in sg is all made in Europe.

If you all got any question feel free to pm me i will try my best to answer all queries.

• Like 1