• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Kleemann K1 + K2 on W204

Despite some questions and interests of Kleeman K1 and K2 on this forum,  there aren't much 'mod report' out there.  So I've decided to share my experience for the benefit of other bothers who might be interested.

Had been researching power upgrade for quite some time now. Unlike for CGI, not much good/reputable options out there for the C180/200 Kompressor engine.  Decided to go with Kleemann K1 and K2 after reading good reviews on them.  There are no official Kleemann distributor in Singapore anymore.  However, manage to secure some good lobang from a friend of mine in Europe.  Brought the kits in myself and sourced locally for installer.

I went to MBM for the K1 kit installation and Man Exhaust Works for the K2 installation.  Not because I am endorsing them but because from reading old threads, they seems to be the go to guys for Kleemann products.  It was the correct decision.  They must have installed plenty of these kits before as they know exactly what they are doing.  I ended up moding the car in 2 separate days, one for K1 and the other K2, and each time only 1/2 day was required. Price wise they are also reasonable.

For C200K:
K1 means pulley change, racing air filter, ECU piggyback, fuel regulator modification.
K2 means swapping out existing OE header with kleemann header and cat.

I had Fox quad exhaust installed previously.  It already made some really decent bassy sound.  For those bro who are looking for excellent quality quad exhaust on a W204, I would high recommend Fox.  Matching the quad exhaust with the Kleeman header+cat was phenomenon.  The bassy sound is now super bassy and the loudness grew by at least 50%.  Down shifts now also ‘farts’.  Can’t wipe the smile off my face every time I drove into CTE tunnel.  LOL…

Some picture to share:

post-4537-0-14966100-1425903556_thumb.jpg

Kleemann header just installed

post-4537-0-83562000-1425903621_thumb.jpg

Kleemann down pipe with catalytic converter viewed from under the car

post-4537-0-83876400-1425903641_thumb.jpg

Header turn golden (used).. LOL…

The K1 kit made the throttle feels far more responsive.  The car now drives super smoothly all the way to 6000+ rpm with ease. Overall a very different car now with supposedly 230bhp and 320Nm.  The Kleeman ECU drastically changed the way the car behaves.  In Comfort mode, at normal cruising speed, the car rarely go over 1500rpm, yet you can feel the power underneeth about to explode if you just tap on the accelerator.  The Comfort mode now feel like super sports and Sports mode feels like racing!!

Unlike K1, K2 obviously won’t be LTA friendly.  If scared, don’t mod right? :P  Seriously, PM me if you want to discuss this aspect as I’ve done research on this as well.

Haven’t get around to Dyno the car yet, but with the drastic change (for the better), Kleemann already won my approval hands down. Do I still care about the number?  Maybe.. Maybe not.. :P

• Like 6

Yes , It should be around 230 bhp.

One of our pioneer member was the first guinea pig for 4 cylinder mod for MBM and kleeman worldwide, which kleeman sent their master tech to spend days to install and mod the car. At that time he said, should be on paper be 250 bhp, so calculate to real life, yes roughly 230 bhp.

250bhp?  Wow... 

Any idea what ended the partnership between MBM and Kleemann?  The fact that LTA was becoming too strict during inspection?  Or was the price too high given that car was so cheap back then?  Claus never really went down that path....

I am only a car enthusiast at best, but even with my relative inexperience, it is still very easy to see that they had an exceptional package here technically.

Yes , It should be around 230 bhp.

One of our pioneer member was the first guinea pig for 4 cylinder mod for MBM and kleeman worldwide, which kleeman sent their master tech to spend days to install and mod the car. At that time he said, should be on paper be 250 bhp, so calculate to real life, yes roughly 230 bhp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am surprised that Kleeman had a right-hand drive header readily available for W204.

For truly knowledgeable on Merc and Kleemen distributor, go to German Motors in KL/PJ Malaysia.

The owner of the business Fitz, is a German gentleman who had 32 years experience as Service Advisor/Mechanic in Diamler Benz, Germany.

He was recommended to me by Kleemen CEO.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...